Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The former is your opinion, the latter is false. When Bush took office, the Weekly U.S. Regular Conventional Retail Gasoline Price (Dollars per Gallon) was $1.46. When he left office, it was $1.83. That's hardly tripling. There was a post-Katrina spike to over $3.00 per gallon, but blaming Bush for that is like blaming him for Katrina. OTOH, since Obama took office, the Weekly U.S. Regular Conventional Retail Gasoline Price (Dollars per Gallon) has doubled to the current $3.66 and has shown no sign of dropping below $3.50 anytime soon. In addition, Obama's peak gas prices have been over $4.00 per gallon, much higher than Bush's peak.

How did Bush affect the gas prices? The Iraq war severely cut down on their oil production and prices were raised just based on future speculation about oil production because of the war. Maybe he could have taken that money wasted in Iraq and lowered the gas tax. I know democrats would have shit bricks at the idea of lowering taxes, but it would have been a PR disaster for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    How did Bush affect the gas prices? The Iraq war severely cut down on their oil production and prices were raised just based on future speculation about oil production because of the war. Maybe he could have taken that money wasted in Iraq and lowered the gas tax. I know democrats would have shit bricks at the idea of lowering taxes, but it would have been a PR disaster for them.

O.k. Genius, how is obama not affecting the gas prices then? And don't try to tell me it is all speculators because the speculator bs never came up until Obama was in office.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

If you pick who I have to defend can I pick who you have to defend? Disliking GWB does not make one an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If you pick who I have to defend can I pick who you have to defend? Disliking GWB does not make one an Obama supporter.
    True, but stating that Bush is the reason for the gas price raise during his term would also mean that you have to agree that Obama is the reason for the gas price raise during his term. Liberals tend to disregard that little fact. Then when was a liberals ever one to truly go by facts?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Almost every president in the 1800's was terrible. With the exceptions of Lincoln & Polk.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Fabulous Poster
    George Bush came off variously as a prick, dolt, or prickish dolt while running for office and while in office. Now that he's retired, he kind of grows on you. He's funnier and smarter now than he seemed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    George Bush came off variously as a prick, dolt, or prickish dolt while running for office and while in office. Now that he's retired, he kind of grows on you. He's funnier and smarter now than he seemed before.
    He is also not under a lot of pressure and able to relax and be himself. Clinton is the same way, when he isn't talking politics. About the only of the five remaining who is still a stupid idiot is Carter. I can't say obama because he isn't out of office yet. So time will tell with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    True, but stating that Bush is the reason for the gas price raise during his term would also mean that you have to agree that Obama is the reason for the gas price raise during his term. Liberals tend to disregard that little fact. Then when was a liberals ever one to truly go by facts?
    I thought it was common knowledge that democrats wanted high gas prices?

Sonnabend
    As for the Iraq war. Any benefits are far outweighed by the negatives. The 9/11 attacks were meant to get the US to invade a muslim country to fuel their jihad message and provide easier targets. It doesnt matter how many we kill, we will never end the jihadists without a full scale world war 3. At the least the Iraq war helped democrats gain power which is a huge negative.
    http://chicktech.com/wp-content/uplo...-star_trek.jpg