Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Because it is the only known way to absolutely make sure that she never commits murder again.
    Probably the only valid argument here. Do you think it does much for prevention of other people doing it since murder is usually a crime of passion?

Feeding her, housing her, giving her cable television and medical care the entire time....
    Feed her nasty food (edible), give her a bunk in a shared house, and don't give her cable. You know those people don't get the movie chanels, and that's really the only thing that makes cable worth it.

Sure it is. There is no way to punish someone more than killing them.
    Ohhhhhh, yes there is. You're not very creative, are you? I once heard a suggestion that bin Laden should be given every nasty disease in the world with no cure and be forced to live with it. Obviously, I don't support that. Life in prison can be worse for some people, and you just admitted that.

Sure, you can take some sort of satisfaction from keeping them in prison forever. That is a reaction based solely upon the notion of wanting her to hurt for her crimes, which is directly in contravention of the entire intent of the "cruel and unusual" clause. It's not about you exacting your pound of flesh, and neither is the death penalty. It's about making sure that this person never commits a heinous crime again.
    Actually, sentencing is supposed to be about punishment, retribution, and rehabilitation. This doesn't mean let Jodi back out, but I don't see a problem with trying to rehabilitate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Feed her nasty food (edible), give her a bunk in a shared house, and don't give her cable.
    Give her cable, she might hang herself with it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Whatever happens to her, she has managed to give the media something to use to push Benghazi off of the front pages.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Whatever happens to her, she has managed to give the media something to use to push Benghazi off of the front pages.
    They would have reported on the corn harvest in Peru before they mentioned Benghazi.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They would have reported on the corn harvest in Peru before they mentioned Benghazi.
    From what Rush said today; the vast left wing propaganda obama PR regime is now starting to report it more. So we will see what happens here.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    From what Rush said today; the vast left wing propaganda obama PR regime is now starting to report it more. So we will see what happens here.
    Only because they have absolutely been forced into it, they have no credibility for ignoring it and will not regain credibility now.
    It matters not whether you like a story or which side you are on, you still report the damn news and you don't cherry pick headline stories and report only on favorable stories for your preferred politic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Only because they have absolutely been forced into it, they have no credibility for ignoring it and will not regain credibility now.
    It matters not whether you like a story or which side you are on, you still report the damn news and you don't cherry pick headline stories and report only on favorable stories for your preferred politic.

Truth right there, Rock. The MSM has no credibility at all. They lost it and will never get it back.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I was never enthralled with this case as much as the public was...I know bits and pieces and from the little coverage I watched, I knew she was going to get a guilty verdict. I wasn't 100% convinced as anything can happen in these cases (Casey Anthony).

What I find fascinating is the Cleveland Ohio kidnapping of 3 women. Not fascinating in a good way, but shocked that those 3 women did not try to escape sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I think Obama's behind this entire thing, even from Jodi Arias's crime and trial.

Okay, on a serious note, I have to admit something after all of these years (especially after the lack of coverage for Kermit and some other things). Most of the media really is liberal. That doesn't mean I don't agree with liberal ideas, but what's supposed to be interesting about media is getting it from all angles, and I just don't see enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I was never enthralled with this case as much as the public was...I know bits and pieces and from the little coverage I watched, I knew she was going to get a guilty verdict. I wasn't 100% convinced as anything can happen in these cases (Casey Anthony).

What I find fascinating is the Cleveland Ohio kidnapping of 3 women. Not fascinating in a good way, but shocked that those 3 women did not try to escape sooner.
    Maybe they did try. Fear can be a powerful tool though. :(