Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Her defense was she was an abused woman who acted in self defense...if you consider stabbing her boyfriend 27 times, slashing his throat, and shooting him twice an act of self defense.
    She was just making sure he didn't get back up!

Seriously, though, what she did was very close to how the Manson family killed their victims. It's very brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    They have her on suicide watch and are saying that if she doesn't get the death penalty, she will commit suicide.
    Put her in one of those jackets and force her to eat while listening to her most hated band for the rest of her life.

On edit: To be more serious, the prosecution's expert diagnosed her with Borderline Personality Disorder. Those people like to seek attention. A death penalty sentence and all the attention that will come with it will give her what she wants. Give her life in prison, and you won't hear much from her anymore. I think the media is weird like that.
    Last edited by Lanie; 05-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Put her in one of those jackets and force her to eat while listening to her most hated band for the rest of her life.

On edit: To be more serious, the prosecution's expert diagnosed her with Borderline Personality Disorder. Those people like to seek attention. A death penalty sentence and all the attention that will come with it will give her what she wants. Give her life in prison, and you won't hear much from her anymore. I think the media is weird like that.

Yeah, when I was watching her interview on Greta last night I was thinking that she is nothing but an attention seeking sociopath. She is seeking nothing but 15 of fame.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I say make all her dreams come true and terminate the bitch!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Oh no. She says she wants the death penalty, and I believe her. If she gets the death penalty, she'll gets tons and tons of more interviews. She'll have her attention seeking re-enforced up until the end. She needs to be locked away so she can think about her crap for the rest of her life with no way of getting an interview ever again. Give her access to her family, what few friends she might have, and a minister if she wishes. Don't put her in any position to where she gets more attention.
    BANG!!

Problem solved.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    BANG!!

Problem solved.
    Ha! Ha!

That's what I like ... a man that is decisive, says what he means, and no beating around the bush!

(As long as I agree with it, that is!!!)

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 05-09-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I say make all her dreams come true and terminate the bitch!
    Or don't watch her quite so closely in that suicide watch. It would save a lot of money. She's already wasted too many resources with that absurdly long trial.

What do you bet that she'd never do it? It's just another attention whore thing.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Or don't watch her quite so closely in that suicide watch. It would save a lot of money. She's already wasted too many resources with that absurdly long trial.

What do you bet that she'd never do it? It's just another attention whore thing.
    In fairness, so far as I can tell, she never said that she would off herself. She was asked about sentencing in an interview, and she said that she would prefer execution to LWOP. She's ... what? 27? LWOP could be 60 years or more. All things considered, I think I would take the needle myself, too, given the choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    In fairness, so far as I can tell, she never said that she would off herself. She was asked about sentencing in an interview, and she said that she would prefer execution to LWOP. She's ... what? 27? LWOP could be 60 years or more. All things considered, I think I would take the needle myself, too, given the choices.
    Then WHY give her the death penalty? Make her spend 60 years or more in prison. We always assume the death penalty is the worst penalty out there. It's not.

What am I saying? It's going to be the death penalty. I already know it. Menendez should just go up and present a picture of a kitty cat to discuss why Arias should be put to death. It'll work. lol.

I'll admit it. I don't like the death penalty. I think a person should be given every chance in the world to be redeemed so to speak. Executing them in an hour as some want wouldn't work for that. I also think some people prefer death over life once they're locked up. Why are we giving them what they prefer? Arias is a total attention whore. The DP will re-enforce her behavior.

Then WHY give her the death penalty?
    Because it is the only known way to absolutely make sure that she never commits murder again.

Make her spend 60 years or more in prison.
    Feeding her, housing her, giving her cable television and medical care the entire time....

We always assume the death penalty is the worst penalty out there. It's not.
    Sure it is. There is no way to punish someone more than killing them.

Sure, you can take some sort of satisfaction from keeping them in prison forever. That is a reaction based solely upon the notion of wanting her to hurt for her crimes, which is directly in contravention of the entire intent of the "cruel and unusual" clause. It's not about you exacting your pound of flesh, and neither is the death penalty. It's about making sure that this person never commits a heinous crime again.

The DP will re-enforce her behavior.
    I believe I can say with a high degree of certainty that if she is executed, she'll never kill another human being after she dies.