Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There are a lot of good reasons to homeschool. How do you figure that this is one of them?
    Only someone without kids would ask such a moronic question.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The headline is technically true, in opening the girls locker room to pre-op transexuals they are opening the room to males but they are not opening the locker room to all boys. It's Hedwig not Porkies.
    Hedwig is bad enough, although I have no doubt that this will lead to Porky's, as soon as the boys figure out that all they have to do to get access to the girls' locker room is claim gender dysfunction.

This is idiotic for a number of reasons.

Gender confusion is not something that the state should be indulging. A parent who is willing to entertain sex-reassignment for a minor is imposing mutilation and psychological trauma on their own child, which is bad enough, but for the state to give this its blessing and force others to conform to this nonsense is insane (but, this is California, where insanity appears to be a state-sponsored condition).

The presence of boys in a girls' locker room (or girls in a boys' locker room) puts everyone at risk. Single sex lockers and bathrooms exist for a reason. Sexual predation is a far greater threat in mixed bathrooms and lockers. A confused girl surrounded by boys is still biologically a girl, and the risks for her are too great for this. A single male with access to a girls' bathroom or locker room has access to the girls that are in it.

If Virginia follows this idiocy, I'd have to pull my girls out of public school. The bathrooms and lockers would present too great a risk for them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Hedwig is bad enough, although I have no doubt that this will lead to Porky's, as soon as the boys figure out that all they have to do to get access to the girls' locker room is claim gender dysfunction.
    To school boys a transexual male is a homosexual. How many guys did you go to school with who would pretend to be a homosexual?

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Gender confusion is not something that the state should be indulging.
    Look at it this way: A transgender child believes that he is a female. A fundy christian believes the earth is 6000 years old. A Mormon believes that ancient Jews lived in North America and were killed by the Indians. One of those idiocies can be reasonably accommodated in an academic environment, the other two are incompatible.

To school boys a transexual male is a homosexual. How many guys did you go to school with who would pretend to be a homosexual?

Look at it this way: A transgender child believes that he is a female. A fundy christian believes the earth is 6000 years old. A Mormon believes that ancient Jews lived in North America and were killed by the Indians. One of those idiocies can be reasonably accommodated in an academic environment, the other two are incompatible.

Analogy fail, believing the earth is 6k years old doesn't affect anyone but the believer unlike this nonsense in the OP. Letting a kid believe its really the opposite sex is wrong (not to mention corrupting a poor child into believing homosexuality is ok).
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Analogy fail, believing the earth is 6k years old doesn't affect anyone but the believer unlike this nonsense in the OP. Letting a kid believe its really the opposite sex is wrong (not to mention corrupting a poor child into believing homosexuality is ok).
    This...QFT
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Boys in the female locker rooms?

That would be enough for some parents to pull their kids out of school sports or out of school altogether.
    Some parents pull their kids out of public school because science class teaches science rather than mythology. You can't please everyone.

Power CUer
    Some parents pull their kids out of public school because science class teaches science rather than mythology. You can't please everyone.
    The previous responses to your question were really excellent, and I am going to leave you with Ody's crucial observation:

Sexual predation is a far greater threat in mixed bathrooms and lockers. A confused girl surrounded by boys is still biologically a girl, and the risks for her are too great for this. A single male with access to a girls' bathroom or locker room has access to the girls that are in it.

If Virginia follows this idiocy, I'd have to pull my girls out of public school. The bathrooms and lockers would present too great a risk for them.

And I'm sure you have evidence to back this up right?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Locker rooms and bathrooms at K-12 schools should be sex-gregated (I made up a word!). Pre-surgical trannies should use the locker room for the gender they are now, not what they are going to be once they have the surgery. If a boy has a penis, he should not be in the girls locker room. If a girl has girl parts, she shouldn't be in the boy's locker room.

Actually, I think any restroom or locker room should be for the gender the sign says it's for, not for pre-op trannies. Once the operation is done, okay, use that bathroom. But until then....

And no doctor should ever perform a sex change operation on anyone under 18 years old, nor should they prescribe female/male hormones to anyone under age 18 for gender-switching purposes. Even if the parents are asking for it to be done for their child.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Locker rooms and bathrooms at K-12 schools should be sex-gregated
    Why?