Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Since I don't live and breath conservative underground, I have no idea if it was here or elsewhere that the last case of this was discussed. What I do recall is that no one blamed the situation on the parents of the child in question being heterosexuals, which they were.

Just to be clear on this, because you often completely ignore what is written or imagine what hasn't been written: I am on record opposing sex change operations and hormone therapy. If one considers oneself transgendered, I might not clinically agree with the diagnosis but I see the accommodation as harmless unless medical intervention is made. I oppose medical treatment of a healthy body. I oppose surgical mutilation of a healthy body.

But if Thomas wants to call himself Tammy and wear dresses, he'll either grow out of it or he won't.
    The child is the product of heterosexual parents, however, the gay parents are forcing him into a sex change. That is not normal, dude.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    This is way, way too young for this kind of surgery, even if you believe in it. Suppose this child feels differently after puberty?

I feel for the child: he is terribly confused and hurting. Therapy is certainly in order. But leave the surgery until the child reaches adulthood and can make the decision for himself.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The child is the product of heterosexual parents, however, the gay parents are forcing him into a sex change. That is not normal, dude.
    You have no information to form your opinion other than the article. The article states quite clearly that this child's parents exercised caution and then made a difficult decision to support this child's choice. Now we disagree with that decision, but that doesn't mean that his gay parents are forcing anything on him, and why would the choose him alone and not their other children?

As for his heterosexual birth parents, you don't know that either. For all you know his mother was a lesbian who was raped. It's not relevant.

At this point they are delaying puberty and while I don't approve, it's a therapy employed for a medical condition.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=90273278

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    This is way, way too young for this kind of surgery, even if you believe in it. Suppose this child feels differently after puberty?

I feel for the child: he is terribly confused and hurting. Therapy is certainly in order. But leave the surgery until the child reaches adulthood and can make the decision for himself.
    I don't think we're talking about surgery here.

Why don't you gays just get inflatable children, you have fake sex why not fake kids.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    But that's where this is headed. The hormone treatments are first.

With that, read on about a California boy whose lesbian parents decided to let him begin a sex change at the young age of eight.

The lesbian parents of an 11-year-old boy who is undergoing the process of becoming a girl last night defended the decision, claiming it was better for a child to have a sex change when young.
    So yes, this is eventually about surgery.

You have no information to form your opinion other than the article. The article states quite clearly that this child's parents exercised caution and then made a difficult decision to support this child's choice. Now we disagree with that decision, but that doesn't mean that his gay parents are forcing anything on him, and why would the choose him alone and not their other children?

As for his heterosexual birth parents, you don't know that either. For all you know his mother was a lesbian who was raped. It's not relevant.

At this point they are delaying puberty and while I don't approve, it's a therapy employed for a medical condition.

Sure you don't approve.

You say that AFTER you've spent all the time above that false statement defending the abuse these adoptive "parents" are putting this child through.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I don't think

Should have stopped right there.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

So this is a function of parental idiocy not one of sexual orientation. I would have thought you would get that.
    It's a function of a lot of things. The child has a number of problems, including a speech impediment (the Daily Mail's article went into much more detail on the whole situation). From the article:

The mothers say that one of the first things Thomas told them when he learned sign language aged three - because of a speech impediment - was, 'I am a girl'.
    At age seven, after threatening genital mutilation on himself, psychiatrists diagnosed Thomas with gender identity disorder. By the age of eight, he began transitioning.
    This summer, he started taking hormone-blocking drugs, which will stop him from experiencing puberty.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2T55TJUqA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Now, it may be that Thomas identifies as a girl because the only role models that he has are two women, which would make the sexes of the parents an issue, but at the very least, Thomas has issues that go beyond gender identity disorder. A child who threatens to mutilate himself is already deeply disturbed, and I don't think that indulging him is the best form of therapy.

It's a therapy employed for a psychological condition. We cannot say for certain that being raised by two women hasn't caused at least some of the gender confusion in this boy, any more than we can say that it has, but certainly you accept that it may be a factor? And if so, wouldn't his adopted parents' reaction to his statements have some bearing on his emotional state?

We are entering into uncharted territory here, and the the absence of data, plus the political minefields surrounding any attempts at gathering and interpreting it, make this even more dangerous.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

SO you completely missed the part about the last article like this being about the child of heterosexual parents?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/us...anted=all&_r=0

Nope. I completely ignored it.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....