Thread: DU Dogfight...

1. #1 DU Dogfight... 
    In this corner, weighing in at 4,174 posts, Backwoods Bob, confessed dog killer and self described activist. In the other corner weighing in at 62,123 posts, flvegan, dog lover, Bob hater and accused Bob stalker. Let's get ready to RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022831503
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    In this corner, weighing in at 4,174 posts, Backwoods Bob, confessed dog killer and self described activist. In the other corner weighing in at 62,123 posts, flvegan, dog lover, Bob hater and accused Bob stalker. Let's get ready to RRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022831503

Ya I read that thread its a gem :)
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

You know what the irony in that thread is? The DUmbass flvegan is using the symbol of the comic book character The Punisher for his avatar. The Punisher is someone who kills bad guys to protect the innocent just like Backwoods Bob did to protect himself and others from a bad dog.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

4. #4 I love dogs and have several... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    You know what the irony in that thread is? The DUmbass flvegan is using the symbol of the comic book character The Punisher for his avatar. The Punisher is someone who kills bad guys to protect the innocent just like Backwoods Bob did to protect himself and others from a bad dog.
    Out here they are more than pets, they are our DEW lines too. But that being said, if they start attacking stock or people they don't last long. My special hatred is reserved for the assholes that regularly dump dogs out on our county road. I've taken in many but many more starve, are killed by coyote packs or simply shot on sight by cattle ranchers. Every month it seems the humane society raids a puppy mill out to our east towards Canton.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    Out here they are more than pets, they are our DEW lines too. But that being said, if they start attacking stock or people they don't last long. My special hatred is reserved for the assholes that regularly dump dogs out on our county road. I've taken in many but many more starve, are killed by coyote packs or simply shot on sight by cattle ranchers. Every month it seems the humane society raids a puppy mill out to our east towards Canton.

I love my dog, have always loved dogs.

In Detroit, we have dog fighting rings. The dead losers are usually left somewhere vacant. We also allegedly have coyotes, but it's hard to tell because there are a lot of stray dogs that aren't coyotes, and they became feral and live in packs.

Since the OP had control of the dog in question, it could have been taken to a vet and put down, but that would have incurred greater cost and risk (getting a dangerous dog into a vehicle and driving with it would not have been my idea of a good time), so shooting the dog was the logical action. The idiots who claim that he should have gotten the authorities to do it don't seem to understand that the authority is derived from the people, who have the right to self-defense.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Since the OP had control of the dog in question, it could have been taken to a vet and put down, but that would have incurred greater cost and risk (getting a dangerous dog into a vehicle and driving with it would not have been my idea of a good time), so shooting the dog was the logical action. The idiots who claim that he should have gotten the authorities to do it don't seem to understand that the authority is derived from the people, who have the right to self-defense.
    Ya I love how their first thought is to let the govt handle everything, its like they are forming the chains of servitude with their actions.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

8. #8 The Sheriff's Dept. busted a ring about a quarter mile from our home 3 yrs. ago... 
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I love my dog, have always loved dogs.

In Detroit, we have dog fighting rings. The dead losers are usually left somewhere vacant. We also allegedly have coyotes, but it's hard to tell because there are a lot of stray dogs that aren't coyotes, and they became feral and live in packs.
    A couple of the guys that lived at that house stopped by our home several times trying to buy our pitbull, Cheeto. Our pit had bad hips and a visible limp, plus she was small to boot. They just wanted her to let their dogs practice killing on. The first two times they came by in the day and hassled my wife, being pushy and rude. The third time I was home and ran their asses off with a 12 Ga. pump shotgun. About two weeks after this incident they were raided and a dog fighting operation complete with fighting ring and a graveyard full of dead dogs as well as a crack cocaine business was discovered. I really detest the people that embrace that lifestyle.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Since the OP had control of the dog in question, it could have been taken to a vet and put down, but that would have incurred greater cost and risk (getting a dangerous dog into a vehicle and driving with it would not have been my idea of a good time), so shooting the dog was the logical action. The idiots who claim that he should have gotten the authorities to do it don't seem to understanthe authority is derived from the people, who have the right to self-defense.
    They also mention animal control. Some areas no longer have animal control or never did.

Where I grew up if someone had a sick dog, or a dog that turned mean, it was not uncommon for the dog owner to put down the dog themselves. No laws were broken.