Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fortunately, Obama can't pardon this guy. He can only pardon for federal convictions, not state convictions.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Fortunately, Obama can't pardon this guy. He can only pardon for federal convictions, not state convictions.

He will still pardon him. When was Obama one to ever follow the laws of this country?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Are you positive? I thought he could pardon anyone.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

You are correct.
    http://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardon_instructions.htm
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

You really think Obama would pardon him? Keep in mind he killed kids AFTER birth and even the pro-choice community condemns him because the clinic was unsafe for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You really think Obama would pardon him?

Yes he would because it would make NARL happy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Yes he would because it would make NARL happy.
    It won't make NARAL happy. They're embarrassed.

You really think Obama would pardon him?
    What I said is that he can't pardon Gosnel. That has nothing to do with would or wouldn't.

Keep in mind he killed kids AFTER birth and even the pro-choice community condemns him because the clinic was unsafe for women.
    And Obama is on legislative record as supporting precisely that: infanticide for abortions that go wrong.

The folks condemning his clinic as unsafe are desperately trying to paper over the fact that Gosnell is merely a symbol of abortion, and there are hundreds, thousands more out there just like him. You'll notice that they don't bother condemning the very obvious thing: murdering babies, something that even a very liberal jury in very liberal Philadelphia managed to convict a Black man for doing. No, they're worried because the speculum didn't spend enough time in the autoclave.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

It won't make NARAL happy. They're embarrassed.
    That's what they say in public. It's the smart PR play.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

You really think Obama would pardon him? Keep in mind he killed kids AFTER birth and even the pro-choice community condemns him because the clinic was unsafe for women.
    The pro-choicers only condemned him when they could no longer cover for him. The State of Pennsylvania abandoned all oversight of abortion clinics, and stopped doing annual inspections years ago because they didn't want to restrict access to abortion. Even after complaints about Gosnell were brought to the regulators, they did nothing. The Grand Jury report documents a pervasive atmosphere of indifference to appalling conditions in Gosnell's clinic (and others) among regulators. The facility went on working for years with expired inspections, which, despite all manner of failings in those inspections, continued to operate. The Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) conducted "sporadic, inadequate inspections for 13 years, and then none at all between 1993 and 2010." Often, each subsequent report would find the same failings, but nothing would be done. In 1989, for example, Gosnell was the only doctor at the clinic, and he was not board certified (as required by law), but was permitted to continue running the place. The evaluators noted several violations of Pennsylvania abortion regulations, including:
    • no board-certified doctor on staff or contracted as a consultant
    • no nurses overseeing the recovery of patients
    • no transfer agreement with a hospital for emergency care
    • no lab work recorded in several files.

But the DOH recommended approval of Gosnell's clinic for another 12 months. The next inspection was conducted in April 1993 (five years after the previous inspection) and was the last site review until February 2010, and that was only because the police executed search warrants for illegal drug activity. Gosnell was still the only doctor listed on staff. There were still no nurses and lab work was spotty and being done by unqualified assistants (when it was done at all). In July 1993, without a follow-up inspection, DOH certified that the deficiencies had been corrected and Gosnell got another Certificate of Approval, which stated that it was “Effective From The 1st Day Of April 1993 Until March 31, 1994 In Accordance With Law.”

And, the reason for this lack of oversight was the politics of abortion. The Grand Jury report stated that under Governor Robert Casey, DOH inspected abortion facilities annually, but when Governor Tom Ridge came in, only complaint driven inspections were authorized (and even those were not performed). One of the DOH officials, Janice Staloski, said that DOH’s policy was motivated by a desire not to be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Another official, Kenneth Brody, described a meeting in 1999 at which it was decided not to reinstitute regular inspections of abortion clinics, because “there was a concern that if they did routine inspections, that they may find a lot of these facilities didn’t meet [the standards for getting patients out by stretcher or wheelchair in an emergency], and then there would be less abortion facilities, less access to women to have an abortion.”

The state made a conscious decision to have more substandard, dangerous clinics rather than a few safe and clean ones. Gosnell wasn't the disease, he was a symptom.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!