Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Arias is sort of the new OJ Simpson. You just can't believe the trial when on that long when it's obvious she's guilty.

But as for Kermit and their lack of coverage, that was the last straw for me. Yes, the media really is liberal. If you disagree, it's because you're so far to the left that you're about to fall off the imaginary edge of the world.
    Welcome, you need to get with Elspeth now for your first debriefing into the rational world.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Welcome, you need to get with Elspeth now for your first debriefing into the rational world.
    You can admit that the bath water is messed up without wanting to throw the liberal away with it.

I was trying to find an alternate word to baby, and I don't think it'll work. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Gosnell isn't a hero to the left, he's an embarassment. His clinics were filthy, he permitted his wife, who was not a medical practitioner, to help with abortions (she's a cosmetologist), he failed to provide any oversight of the medical practices of his subordinates and he was grossly incompetent as well as guilty of criminally depraved indifference to human life. The left is trying to spin this as an example of what women can expect of abortion is made illegal, but Pennsylvania's abortion mills are legal, and the state abrogated its responsibility to enforce standards because of the politics of abortion and the power of leftist groups like Planned Parenthood. This is the real story, the one that they want to avoid having to talk about, the culture of death that ultimately doesn't care about anything, since all lives end up in the trash can as far as they are concerned.
    What the pro-choice activists are going by is the fact that Gosnell did do things against the law, making the clinic unsafe. He also broke the law by performing abortions after (what? 22 weeks?) So, in that sense, they're right. What they don't seem to get is that he killed the babies AFTER birth. You can't claim you're saving the woman's life. The baby is out of her body. While things might be able to be done to make things safer for the woman, there is no explaining away the killing of babies after birth (or even before birth if it's for a reason other than life endangerment, which most third trimester abortions are for fetal defects).

Oddly enough, it's usually the pro-lifers who want more regulation holding the abortion clinic responsible for safety practicies. Pro-choice activists argue that's just a way to try to limit abortion. It might be, but what's the point of making abortion legal for supposed safety reasons if there's no regulation or backing up of the rule? Hello? Unfortunately for the pro-choicers, this case does prove why there needs to be more regulation. You can't argue about women's safety and in the same breath say "Don't have more regulation."

You can admit that the bath water is messed up without wanting to throw the liberal away with it.

I was trying to find an alternate word to baby, and I don't think it'll work. Oh well.
    You can throw away the bath water and the OWS activist won't even miss it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

lol.

What the pro-choice activists are going by is the fact that Gosnell did do things against the law, making the clinic unsafe. He also broke the law by performing abortions after (what? 22 weeks?) So, in that sense, they're right. What they don't seem to get is that he killed the babies AFTER birth. You can't claim you're saving the woman's life. The baby is out of her body. While things might be able to be done to make things safer for the woman, there is no explaining away the killing of babies after birth (or even before birth if it's for a reason other than life endangerment, which most third trimester abortions are for fetal defects).
    What you are not getting is that they don't care that he killed the babies after birth. It's all the same to them. The babies were inconvenient, so they had to go. A Planned Parenthood rep in Florida testified a few weeks ago that she and her group believe whether or not a baby born breathing after an attempted abortion "should be left up to the woman, her family and the physician." Planned Parenthood has no problem with Gosnell, or at least they didn't have one until he became an embarrassment.

Oddly enough, it's usually the pro-lifers who want more regulation holding the abortion clinic responsible for safety practicies. Pro-choice activists argue that's just a way to try to limit abortion. It might be, but what's the point of making abortion legal for supposed safety reasons if there's no regulation or backing up of the rule? Hello? Unfortunately for the pro-choicers, this case does prove why there needs to be more regulation. You can't argue about women's safety and in the same breath say "Don't have more regulation."
    They can if they don't mean what they say. Planned Parenthood's Delaware clinics are under investigation for unsafe practices (http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...r-under-review).

At least two former employees of Planned Parenthood Delaware Ė both registered nurses Ė have publicly called for investigations into the operationís practices.

ďWhat I believe should happen is that Planned Parenthood should no longer be self-regulated,Ē said Joyce Vasikonis, a Dover nurse who also worked at the Wilmington site. Vasikonis was interim surgical services manager when she resigned last August.

Vasikonis describes herself as ďradically pro-abortion,Ē but said she could not continue to work under the conditions she saw.

ďI feel like a woman has a right to abortion for whatever reason she chooses,Ē she said. ďBut she should know all of her options and understand what she is consenting to and she should have a safe procedure. That was not what was happening there. It got to the point where I could not stand it another day. I said, ĎI am going to lose my license if I stay here.í Ē

Jayne Mitchell-Werbrich of Newark could not bear the conditions, either. She worked part time for about three months, kept copious notes, pressed for reforms and resigned last August.

ďI cannot continue to work in such an unsafe, unhealthy and hostile environment,Ē she wrote in her resignation email.

Abortion protesters who picketed the Wilmington facility said last month they assisted a patient there after a botched abortion that forced her to seek emergency hospital treatment.

That patient has retained Colorado-based attorney Michael Norton, senior counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, which promotes religious liberty and First Amendment protections.

ďWe try to make sure abortion providers are held to the same standard as regular medical practices are,Ē Norton said.

Planned Parenthood doesn't care about women. It cares about money and power.

ROFLOL!!!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Think of it this way, when you are a liberal you are using the free demo version of a brain, when you become a conservative you are given a key that unlocks the other 95% of your brain for use.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Also lost in the story is how he preyed on the black community. Another reason why the MSM didn't cover this. Simply put, this guy is a monster worse than Tiller the baby killer but he's a hero to the left and their agenda.
    No. He's not a hero to anyone.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Even better, you can throw the bath water AT the OWS activist and scare them away permanently.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Think of it this way, when you are a liberal you are using the free demo version of a brain, when you become a conservative you are given a key that unlocks the other 95% of your brain for use.
    I feel safer in the center, where I know I'm free to use my brain.