Hybrid View

1. #1 Police called after Doctor Who fans 'gatecrash' Stars Wars sci-fi convention 
    They are two of the most dedicated fan groups in sci-fi, so when both turned up to the same convention it was always going to get heated.

When Doctor Who fans gatecrashed the much-anticipated Norwich Star Wars Club open day, the family event quickly turned ugly.

Fans of the BBC1 series had turned up uninvited at the University of East Anglia convention last weekend.

But their 'long-running rivalry' meant police had to be called to keep the two warring sic-fi factions apart.

The event had returned after a three-year absence and reunited the four remaining actors who played bounty hunters in the George Lucas films.
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/norwich-sta...7.html#m8QJM9u

The police force was with them ...

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!! Let me just get my Tardis...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Nerrrrrrrrd fight!
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Could have been worse....could have been Trekkies trying to crash the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut04e_Dpnwo
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Could have been worse....could have been Trekkies trying to crash the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut04e_Dpnwo

Yeah, I always thought it was the Trekkies vs. Star Wars fans. I didn't realize Dr. Who fans had become a force to reckon with in the nerd world.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Yeah, I always thought it was the Trekkies vs. Star Wars fans. I didn't realize Dr. Who fans had become a force to reckon with in the nerd world.
    We need to worry if two of the groups form an alliance, there'll be a bloodbath.