Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You can remove the app. Takes about 15 min. So the Q. becomes is a smartphone for $0.99 worth it if all you have to do is take 15 min to remove one app.

I didn't think of it like that. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    My Note 2 blows both the 4 and 5 away and its rooted and modified. I love it, I hear very good things about the Motorola X thats coming out in the summer. I might sell my Note2 and get that.

The Note 2 is an awesome phone. I wanted one until I saw the S4. I am thinking about holding out for the Note 3. Wow! ..

That is the thing that sets droid from Apple. You can modify it more than you can an iPhone. There is also more you can do with it. It also isn't locked up like iPhone is.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Looks like the 4S will be here Monday. It's lightyears ahead of my old phone
    so I'm sure it'll be fine.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Looks like the 4S will be here Monday. It's lightyears ahead of my old phone
    so I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Whatever works for is all that matters. i am sure you will be happy with it. Me being a 'Geek'; I have to have the best out there

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Fabulous Poster
    Hey, we didn't want to pay a lot and this is our 1st one.
    While I prefer my Galaxy SII to the comparable iPhone of the time, even then I knew that the iPhone had some advantages. Ergonomically it's superior. The Galaxy is better in some ways because it's bigger (which is why I bought it as I have fat finger tips and frustrate easily) but in terms of sheer performance and stability I'd say it's second to the iPhone. The other advantage of the iPhone is that it can print to any wireless printer whereas the Samsung only prints to Samsung printers and who the hell has a Samsung printer? I have never even seen one.

There are things the iPhone will do seamlessly with other Apple products. What I don't know is if it has universal bluetooth transfer. I was surprised to discover , after purchase, that my mom's iPad while it has bluetooth, it's a limited version of bluetooth which only pairs with apple products. The Galaxy sends and receives bluetooth files to the Macbook and the iMac.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Whatever works for is all that matters. i am sure you will be happy with it. Me being a 'Geek'; I have to have the best out there
    I'm not a geek. SR's phone will be super next to my new phone. I got another plain ole flip phone. This time I'm downgrading even more, getting the ATT plan. It's about $8 a month for 250 minutes per quarter. Since I'm no longer making sales calls at my job in St Louis, I rarely use the cell phone. All I want is something for emergencies, a lil ole woman phone.

We'll share the Apple. The decision was made when we were able to get that phone free and a plan for the same bucks as we were paying for 2 crappy phones. So I went with ATT and SR stayed with Verizon, since we're snared in their stupid bundle. We have a land line, internet and "cable" with Verizon. I was out of my commitment with my phone, so left Verizon.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm not a geek. SR's phone will be super next to my new phone. I got another plain ole flip phone. This time I'm downgrading even more, getting the ATT plan. It's about $8 a month for 250 minutes per quarter. Since I'm no longer making sales calls at my job in St Louis, I rarely use the cell phone. All I want is something for emergencies, a lil ole woman phone.

We'll share the Apple. The decision was made when we were able to get that phone free and a plan for the same bucks as we were paying for 2 crappy phones. So I went with ATT and SR stayed with Verizon, since we're snared in their stupid bundle. We have a land line, internet and "cable" with Verizon. I was out of my commitment with my phone, so left Verizon.
    I am pretty far from a geek (my friend does all the work :D )

I just don't see the appeal of an apple Iphone, to each his own i guess :)
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I am pretty far from a geek (my friend does all the work :D )

I just don't see the appeal of an apple Iphone, to each his own i guess :)

The appeal was a data/phone plan that was the best deal at that time. Like I said, having
    never had a smartphone I'm sure the Apple will be fine for us.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The appeal was a data/phone plan that was the best deal at that time. Like I said, having
    never had a smartphone I'm sure the Apple will be fine for us.
    Ya I am with Verizon and I still have their unlimited data plan and don't plan on losing it lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

My new favorite smart phone. Blows away anything I've used so far.

Household 6 is an iPhone fan. I bought this one outright (and unlocked) so she can get either the 5 or the 5 S this summer when we renew our contract.

SR once you get that smart phone up and running you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Oh and one more thing...make sure you get a protective case. I recommend OtterBox.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.