Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NBC News Hosts: White Supremacy Motivates Obama's Critics on IRS scandals 
    NBC News Hosts: White Supremacy Motivates Obama's Critics

Leave it to NBC News cable outlet MSNBC to somehow inject race into the discussion of the IRS scandal gripping Washington. As they awaited President Obama's remarks on the brewing debacle at Treasury, Chris Matthews and his colleague, Al Sharpton, discussed the ramifications of the scandal for the president.

Sharpton asked, "Could this end up backfiring on the Republicans? Are they over jumping the runway here?" Matthews revealed himself immediately by responding, "I would think that would be justice if it did happen. "

He went on from there to somehow change the subject from President Obama's White House being dogged and damaged by a flurry of embarrassing scandals to Republican critics being motivated by "White supremacy.":

There are people in this country, maybe 10%, I don't know the number, maybe 20% on a bad day, who want this president to have an asterisk next to his name in the history books. That he really wasn't president, you know, like a guy in baseball who used drugs. They wanna be able to say 'well he didn't really have that batting average, he really wasn't the first African-American president, he really didn't do health care, he didn't really kill bin Laden,' there's an asterisk. They've been fighting that, people like Donald Trump, since day one. They can't stand the idea that he's president. And a piece of it is racism. Not that somebody in one racial group doesn't like someone in another racial group, so what? It's the sense that the white race must rule. That's what racism is. And they can't stand the idea that a man who's not white is president. That is real. That sense of racial superiority and rule is in the hearts of some people in this country. Not all conservatives, not even all right wingers, but it always comes through.

He continued on his soliloquy about white supremacy by including the Speaker of the House as being compliant with the motivations against the president. "A big part of it is bought into by people like John Boehner who's not a bad guy, but he knows the only way he can talk to the hard right is talk their language. "Sharpton's response, "No doubt about it. "

Watch the unbelievable segment here:

MSNBC is nothing but an embarrassment to the whole NBC Universal franchise. Why they haven't done anything with it yet is way beyond me. Any smart business man would have either A) Did complete house cleaning on it, or B) Shut it down by now. The longer they have it running just shows more and more just how stupid the people running that network are.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Sharpton asked, "Are they over jumping the runway here?"
    Are they what?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Are they what?

Over jumping the runway. You know like when a plane is trying to land. It jumps the runway. When you over jump it, you completely miss it. It is a metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Over jumping the runway. You know like when a plane is trying to land. It jumps the runway. When you over jump it, you completely miss it. It is a metaphor.
    Did he just make it up or do people use that phrase in conversation?

Putting the cart before the horse. Cutting off your nose to spite your face. These I've heard of.

"Over jumping the runway". Sorry, never heard it used before. Must be an aviation thing.
    Be Not Afraid.

If Matthews and Sharpton disagree on something, anything....doesn't that make matthews a racist?
    I'm pretty sure it does seeing how anything less than awe and reverence toward Obama makes us racist...

Disagreement with anyone of color makes you a racist.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

When you miss on a runway it's called an overshoot, not an overjump.....unless you're landing on a carrier....that's called a bolter.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    When you miss on a runway it's called an overshoot, not an overjump.....unless you're landing on a carrier....that's called a bolter.

Overshoot, overjumping. There is no point arguing semantics here. But that is pretty much what he meant.

Overshoot, overjumping. There is no point arguing semantics here. But that is pretty much what he meant.
    Yes, "over-shooting the runway" is what's most commonly used in speech.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers