Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Survey of 12,000 studies finds strong agreement on climate change 
    Hi. I haven't visited CU in a while, so hello again, CU. I hope everyone is doing well. On to business.

I don't know if you all are still being sticks-in-the-mud about climate change, but here is an article which might push some of the fence sitters over the edge...

Survey of 12,000 studies finds strong agreement on climate change

We already knew 97% of climate scientists backed the scientific consensus.

by Scott K. Johnson - May 16 2013, 10:39am EDT

Over half of Americans believe that there’s considerable disagreement among climate scientists about human-caused climate change—perhaps because they've heard that from industry advocacy campaigns and politicians. With so much controversy in the media many assume that the same controversy must exist in the scientific community.

In most situations people agree that it’s sensible to go with the majority of relevant experts whether that's in accepting that protons are real or a given medical treatment is effective. Those decisions depend critically on an accurate understanding of expert consensus.

Several attempts have been made to shine a light on expert opinions relating to global warming. One such study surveyed about 1,000 active climate scientists, finding that 97 percent of them accepted the evidence for the consensus position that anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions are largely responsible for the warming observed over the last century.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/...limate-change/
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Fabulous Poster
    It makes it all the more interesting that Global Warming priests feel the need to shout "See, everyone agrees with me."

Since I am often the only person in a room who is correct, I am used to being outnumbered by people who think they are intelligent.

In a recent survey of Baptist ministers they found that 100% believed in God, who'd a thought?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Is this the real TNO (AKA. Hootie) or just a sock?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Hi. I haven't visited CU in a while, so hello again, CU. I hope everyone is doing well. On to business.

I don't know if you all are still being sticks-in-the-mud about climate change, but here is an article which might push some of the fence sitters over the edge...

I agree, the climate changes. "Why" is still up for debate no matter how loud the kooks scream otherwise.

And having that nitwit money grubbing AlGore as your hero gets you demerits.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

So, in the absence of proof of global warming ("climate change" is an absurdity, since climate is always changing), you are now presenting evidence of how well your side has cooked the books. Nice try.

The study was based on articles in peer-reviewed journals (which have already demonstrated a vicious bias in favor of global warming) and the authors discovered that, among those papers which addressed global warming, 97% were in lockstep with the opinions of the editors who decide what goes into the publications. Quite impressive. And even then, they had to cook the books to get that result. From the article, it was stated that only 33% of the papers on climate addressed the so-called consensus opinion at all, and it was among those 33% that they determined the 97% number. Thus, the real percentage of papers that propagandized for global warming was 32%, with 67% not addressing the issue at all. This demonstrates a consensus, not among the scientists, but among the editors. It's like doing a survey of OPEDs in the NY Times to find out the national consensus on Obama.

The next step, sending the survey to the authors of the 67% of the papers that were neutral, resulted in 1,200 responses from 8,500 sent, a 14% response. 67% of that 14%, or 804, expressed agreement with the editors' position. That means that 9% of the scientists surveyed were willing to go on the record in support of global warming whern they knew that the highly biased establishment (who decide what gets published and who gets grants) were watching, while the rest took the Fifth.

This isn't science, it's an election in a dictatorship.

Comrade Stalin once again wins 97% of the vote!

Everybody loves Comrade Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    In a recent survey of Baptist ministers they found that 100% believed in God, who'd a thought?
    We could have all kinds of fun with this.

100% of self-identified paranoids declined to take the survey, but demanded to know why we were giving it.
    100% of self-identifed procrastinators requested an extension on the survey deadline.
    100% of persons calling themselves "The Night Owl" favored the use of bogus surveys in the advancement of global warming hysteria.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hey Hootie, this one's for you....

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I wonder if Rev. Algore and the AGWists ever bothered to learn about the Jet Stream, the el Nińio and la Nińia currents, and how they've danced north and south, east and west across the Pacific Ocean for milenia, warming or cooling the atmosphere as is their wont! Yes, they create our weather patterns.

BTW, The Night Owl is an appropriate uid for those who live in the dark. But it should be remembered that while it's dark where you might live, there's light elsewhere.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Wish I had said that.