Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    We have a theory on what is causing the planet to warm so rapidly and lots of evidence to support that theory. Let me know when your side publishes the theory that increasing CO2 has no effect on climate and then we can sit around and wait for when it gains widespread support in the scientific community... which will be never.
    Try the site www.scotese.com and then try to sell your used cars elsewhere. Particularly this page...

    http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm

    Scroll down and look at the plot, particularly the temp scales.

    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Try the site www.scotese.com and then try to sell your used cars elsewhere. Particularly this page...

    http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm

    Scroll down and look at the plot, particularly the temp scales.

    Damned dinosaurs and their SUVs.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Damned dinosaurs and their SUVs.
    It was the Flintstones and Rubble's using dinosaurs for digging machines and garbage disposals.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It was the Flintstones and Rubble's using dinosaurs for digging machines and garbage disposals.
    Now you know it was just the CO2 emissions from the Polo-rock camera!

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Right, because consensus in science means nothing.
    It means less than nothing. If a majority is wrong, it's still wrong. Science is about proof, and the proofs of AGW theory are lacking.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    What matters is how the consensus is arrived at.
    Yes, and in this case, the consensus was arrived at by ideologues who liked being able to blame the weather on capitalism. They used their positions to punish any deviation from their artificial consensus, excluded them from publication, grants and tenured positions in the institutions that they controlled, ostracized them and threatened them, and then announced that they had achieved "consensus" the wat that the Soviets used to announce that they were "democratic."

    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    We have a theory on what is causing the planet to warm so rapidly and lots of evidence to support that theory. Let me know when your side publishes the theory that increasing CO2 has no effect on climate and then we can sit around and wait for when it gains widespread support in the scientific community... which will be never.
    You have a theory that presumes that the planet is warming, but it isn't. The "evidence" is simply models which fail to replicate the known temperatures for past readings, which demonstrates their inaccuracy. The argument that our side has to publish something to debunk a theory about a non-existent phenomena is a classic straw man. However, since you insist, there have been articles published that demonstrate that CO2 increases follow warming periods, that it is an effect, rather than a cause. As for the rest of your assertions, they are demonstrably false. First, the argument that human activity causes global warming is false.

    96.5% of all carbon dioxide emissions are from natural sources, mankind is responsible for only 3.5%, with 0.6% coming from fuel to move vehicles, and about 1% from fuel to heat buildings. Yet vehicle fuel (petrol) is taxed at 300% while fuel to heat buildings is taxed at 5% even though buildings emit nearly twice as much carbon dioxide!

    Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, currently only 350 parts per million have been over 18 times higher in the past at a time when cars, factories and power stations did not exist — levels rise and fall without mankind's help.
    http://www.abd.org.uk/green_myths.htm
    The consensus that you keep claiming is false.

    There are nearly 18,000 signatures from scientists worldwide on a petition called The Oregon Petition which says that there is no evidence for man-made global warming theory nor for any impact from mankind's activities on climate.
    Many scientists believe that the Kyoto agreement is a total waste of time and one of the biggest political scams ever perpetrated on the public ... as H L Mencken said "the fundamental aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary" ... the desire to save the world usually fronts a desire to rule it.
    http://www.abd.org.uk/green_myths.htm
    You keep fighting for a solution that satisfies your desire to control economies, but for which there is no problem. Peddle it elsewhere.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,035
    The Night Owl seems to have flown away in the morning light.......

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The Night Owl seems to have flown away in the morning light.......
    Oh, he'll be back. He'll pop a few irrelevancies, get beaten down on the facts again, then declare victory and leave for another six months.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22567023

    Do those 12,000 studies take this into account?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,279
    The consensus in the time of Galileo was that the world was flat, he went against the grain and risked his life to state that the world was round and was excommunicated for it.
    He wasn't the only one who believed this but when the political and religious climate was against them the others chose to go with the flow.
    History repeats itself.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •