Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 IRS Hearings. Steven Miller says IRS didn't target conservatives. What?!? 
    I heard clips of it on the radio this morning. Apparently Steven Miller is saying that he doesn't believe the IRS targeted conservative groups. He used the words "I don't think the agents responsible were motivated by partisanship, but used foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient." WHOA! I don't know what to say to that one. I am just dumbfounded. I am without words. Wow ...

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...other-scandal/

Someone is going to jail for this. They are airing the hearings on C-Span2 now. Steven Miller is hiding under the covers and trying to avoid all questions by playing dumb to what the reps are asking him.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

This Steven Miller is a real putz. He must have had question answering coaching from Obama.

Steven Miller just said that he isn't resigning. He was asked to resign, but will be in fact retiring according to the civil service code.

This is getting ridiculous. The Dems are slapping him on the wrist and patting him on the head while they are soft to him. The Repubs are asking him the tough questions.

Power CUer
    No. He said he did have to resign, but he IS eligible for retirement. The hearing is certainly exciting; it's been going on since 9 this morning and I've been with it pretty much all the way....
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I heard clips of it on the radio this morning. Apparently Steven Miller is saying that he doesn't believe the IRS targeted conservative groups. He used the words "I don't think the agents responsible were motivated by partisanship, but used foolish mistakes were made by people trying to be more efficient."
    I agree that the low-level IRS agents (GS-12/13s) weren't motivated by politics but by the orders they were given by the higher ups. It was the political appointees put in place by Obama that were motivated by politics.

What Steve Miller is doing is underhanded rhetorical manipulation. He is protesting the innocence of the IRS as a whole (as run by the current political appointees) by making a vacuous statement about low-level agents who don't set policy, but just follow it.

This makes him even more of a scumbag in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I agree that the low-level IRS agents (GS-12/13s) weren't motivated by politics but by the orders they were given by the higher ups. It was the political appointees put in place by Obama that were motivated by politics.

What Steve Miller is doing is underhanded rhetorical manipulation. He is protesting the innocence of the IRS as a whole (as run by the current political appointees) by making a vacuous statement about low-level agents who don't set policy, but just follow it.

This makes him even more of a scumbag in my book.
    I don't buy it that the partisanship came from the top levels only.

Given how much employees of the IRS donated to both Obama campaigns...the entire thing was politically motivated.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I don't buy it that the partisanship came from the top levels only.

Given how much employees of the IRS donated to both Obama campaigns...the entire thing was politically motivated.

QFT!

I am wondering who will be going to jail for this. They also found out that someone from the IRS released private information about Romney to the Democratic campaign last (Not claims of his not paying taxes. I mean real information that is confidential and private). Someone has to fry for this. Someone has to pay. The IRS lost all the trust it had from the American people. And Steven Miller can not say he didn't know what was going on. It wouldn't surprise me if he got the orders from someone close to Obama, or even Harry Reid for that matter. When Reid was claiming a source told him that Romney didn't pay his taxes, I know for a fact that that source was from the IRS, and it was probably either Miller or that stupid woman who doesn't know how to add; I can't remember her name, nor do I care to really remember any scumbags name.

This is how obama won all his campaigns. They try to dig as much up about a person and run his credibility through the ringer. They had to look hard and long to find anything on Romney. Then in the end, obama won because all the welfare bums and lazy asses voted for him.

Where was all this conservative outrage when the IRS targeted the NAACP and Greenpeace during the W years?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Where was all this conservative outrage when the IRS targeted the NAACP and Greenpeace during the W years?
    Link? You can back this up right?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Link? You can back this up right?

I would like to see a source also. I do not remember that of which she is referring to.