Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RESIDENTS OF OCOTILLO AND BOULEVARD SPEAK OUT, SHARE SAFETY FEARS... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    nadine now adds "Wind Power" to her list of expertise!!!

Fri May 17, 2013, 10:55 AM
    nadinbrzezinski

RESIDENTS OF OCOTILLO AND BOULEVARD SPEAK OUT, SHARE SAFETY FEARS AFTER TURBINE BLADE FALLS

Last edited Fri May 17, 2013, 11:02 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    (May 16, 2013 (Ocotillo) – “It’s scary, all the dangerous things that could happen. I don’t want anybody to get hurt,” said Michaela Woolley, 13. She spoke at a press conference at the Ocotillo Community Center today, after a wind turbine at the Ocotillo Wind Express Facility dropped a blade the length of a jumbo jet plane.

Fortunately nobody was hurt by this accident, though Miachela’s younger brother, Albert added, “It’s scary, the blade of the wind turbine could have landed in a house.” The boy said he also said gets constant headaches that make it hard to do his homework since the turbines were installed.

Donna Tisdale chairs the planning group in Boulevard, where several new wind projects are proposed. Her planning group has opposed them, but San Diego Supervisors on Wednesday approved a wind ordinance that would allow such projects in East County.

http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/13257
    How can you question the All Knowing Parrot???
    May the FORCE be with you!

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

I was in Ocotillo a few weeks ago and rode by those on my motorcycle. Those are some flippin' HUGE wind turbines. They're pretty much out in the middle of nowhere in the desert and not very close to the tiny town of Ocotillo. Probably not a good idea to have your kids playing around them.

(That road also has 55 gallon blue barrels of "AQUA" along the way so illegal immigrants don't die of thirst.)

I think what even some of the DUmmies are making fun of in that thread
    was nadin saying the broken blade went A MILE away when it broke.

Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    One post, gotta be a mole, but a funny one.

dieter (1 post)
    13. How Many Threads on this are you going to post?

People in East County must not have much going on. Great journalism from the East County Magazine. Siemens' work for the Nazi's in 1932 and its attempt at that patent application for Zyklon over 12 years ago? Yep, that's really worth reporting.

I guess you didn't get enough good response on the other thread so you threw one out there with a link to an article from second rate magazine that throws Nazi in there to try to gin up some outrage.

Is East County Magazine going to do an exposé on BMW, next and all the atrocities and slave labor they used in WWII? I'm sure you've got some local BMW dealers that are probably ripping off their customers somewhere near by. Or how about throwing out some Japanese companies for scrutiny as well. Mitsubishi, Sumitomo, Nissan. Lot's of slave labor there too.

If you want to talk about corporations that are corrupt on a global scale and try to wind that into an industrial accident story then maybe you might want to link to the stories about over 1,100 people who died in Bangladesh recently and how WalMart and The Gap still don't want to pay safe buildings and fire control systems to protect those workers. Let's talk about corruption and WalMart. Corruption and bribes in Mexico and China - those the ones we know about.

But, but, but, this is what they want. Alternative power. Can't have it both ways.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

LOL!!! She just won't stop!!!!

Now she is a "wind turbine syndrome" expert!!!