1. #1 Bacon restaurant being sued for smelling like...uh...bacon 
    Power CUer
    Bacon Bacon aroma set to end

....But now a popular pork-focused restaurant in the Upper Haight must close its doors Friday following months of failed negotiations with neighbors over neighborhood concerns about porcine aroma and grease disposal.

Department of Public Health officials say the owners of Bacon Bacon, located at 205A Frederick Street, have had months since opening the space to address these and other concerns. But following their failure to do so, the restaurant must shut its doors...

...The announcement has created a swell of online support for the cafe, including an online petition on the Bacon Bacon website with more than 1,600 signatures from Bay Area residents who support the operation. Owner Jim Angelus said he’s overwhelmed by the support.

In August, the restaurant was given a notice that it lacked the proper health permits, according to the letter from The City’s health department instructing it to cease operations. That letter gave the restaurant 75 days to resolve the issue.

A public hearing must be held before Bacon Bacon can continue operating, but one may not be scheduled until July, Planning Department officials said.

Angelus said that he has tried to meet with neighbors to resolve their concerns since last year, but the parties have failed to agree....

Residents were able to express their concerns following the location’s change in ownership. Neighbors took the occasion to raise concerns with the lack of a filtration system to alleviate the aroma of bacon, illegal parking of a related food truck on a residential street and claims that bacon grease was dumped directly into the sewer system, according to their attorney Ryan Patterson.

The neighbors — whom Patterson declined to name — have been willing to work with the new business owner, but they’ve not seen the same response, he said.

“My client offered to pay the restaurant owner money to install an air filter,” Patterson said. “To date, the owner has not accepted that offer.”....

A restaurant serving sugar cured smoked humans aged to perfection would not smell any better so there!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

They had that restaurant on tv the other week.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Let me get this straight. You can 'pork' your boyfriend's keister in broad daylight but you can't have a bacon themed restaurant. Yeah, SF is a place I want to visit.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

You may place your wiener into the ham but when caught with bacon you'll have to scram.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg