Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New App Helps Liberals Avoid Buying Products From Conservative Companies… 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Via Red Alert:

For liberals wanting to avoid buying products from conservative companies, there’s now an app for that.

According to Forbes, freelance programmer Ivan Pardo recently unveiled Buycott, an app designed to discourage consumers from purchasing products made by Koch Industries, owned by Charles and David Koch. The app bears a striking resemblance to one proposed by Darcy Burner, a former Microsoft programmer and Democratic congressional candidate for Washington’s first district. She unveiled her idea for a similar app last year, at Netroots Nation — an annual liberal conference — though Pardo and his team were already working on Buycott.

Pardo’s app, available on iPhone and Android, allows users to scan a product’s barcode before placing it in their shopping cart. Buycott then traces the item’s origins back to its parent company and alerts shoppers if the company is one they should avoid.

“Buycott helps you organize your everyday consumer spending to support causes you care about,” the app’s description reads.

------------

THE KOCH BROTHERS

• ADI-Pure ®
    • Antron ®
    • Brawny brand paper towels and other products;
    • Chemical products including: •Sure Sol ® products
    • Comforel® fiberfill
    • CoolMax ®
    • Cordura ® fabric
    • DACRON ®
    • DBE ® dibasic esters
    • Delica ®
    • Demak’Up ®
    • Dixie® Brand cups plates, and other products;
    • European brands: •Colhogar ®
    • Georgia-Pacific lumber and paper products;
    • Inversoft ®
    • Kitten Soft ®
    • Koch Agricultural – Operates cattle ranches
    • Koch Fertilizers
    • Lotus ®
    • Man-made fabrics and fibers including: •LYCRA ®
    • Mardi Gras brand paper goods;
    • Matador Ranch – Hunting ranch.
    • Moltonel ®
    • Northern brand toilet paper;
    • Nouvelle ®
    • Okay
    • Oxyclear ™
    • Performa ®
    • Polarguard ®
    • Polyclear ®
    • Polyshield ®
    • Soft-n-Gentle® brand toilet paper;
    • SolarMax ®
    • Somerelle ® Bedding
    • Sparkle brand paper goods;
    • Sparkle brand paper napkins;
    • Stainmaster® carpet and fabric care products;
    • Supplex ® Fabric
    • Tactel®
    • Tactesse ® Carpet Fibers
    • Tenderly ®
    • Terathane
    • Thermolite ®
    • Tutto ®
    • Vanity Fair brand paper napkins;
    • Zee brand paper goods
    THE DeVOS FAMILY

• AMWAYproducts
    • Nutrilite ®
    • Artistry make-up and skin care products
    • Body Series personal products;
    • DITTO Delivery
    • eSpring laundry and cleaning products;
    • Fulton Street Market products;
    • Glister oral care products;
    • Hi-Gear automotive products
    • iCook
    • Legacy of Clean;
    • Miss America make-up and skin care products
    • NUTRIPET ® products
    • Nutriplant agricultural products;
    • Perfect Empowered drinking water
    • Personal Accents ® scents;
    • Satinique bath products;
    • The Creme LuXury Collection make-up and skin care products
    • The NBA ® Orlando Magic
    • Trend Collection make-up and skin care products
    • XLP automotive products
    • XS energy drinks

And that is just the short list of just two companies. I think any moonbat getting this app will find they are spending all day trying to find non-conservative companies when most of what they want are.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Since this is such a divided country. that ap can also work as a tool to aid Conservatives in their buying decisions. That should nullify much of an effect from nuts who'd go to that length to espouse their anti-conservatism.

Of course they can patronize such wonderful liberal establishments like Solyndra, etc. Maybe they can run out and buy a Chevy Volt. That should help their cause.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Fabulous Poster
    AS I said to someone yesterday who declared his intention to boycott products from gay hostile countries, "You do that, right after you fill up your car with Russian or Islamic gasoline."

Fabulous Poster
    Isn't there a pretty good reason to avoid the Amway folks? I don't remember what it is, but they have had a bad reputation since the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Isn't there a pretty good reason to avoid the Amway folks? I don't remember what it is, but they have had a bad reputation since the 1970's.
    Remember when my son's friend's dad invited us to the house---turned out it was an Amway dentist recruitment for Amway party. That ended that potential friendship quickly.

Personally not into pyramid selling.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I got sucked into an AmWay "Party" once when I was living in Roswell, GA.

They are slick, I'll give them that. They encourage you to dress up and the people giving
    the demo were in silk suits with huge gold Rolex watches and that was just the guys.

The person who "invites" you insists on bringing you so you are caught with no exit.

I had guessed it was going to be Amway but I went anyway as I wanted to see and
    hear the pitch. It's effective. I got bored after 20 min. and slipped out a side EXIT to
    have a cigar. They have people covering all exits but I found one near a mens room
    and escaped.

The guy who brought me tried 2 more times to take me again but I was living in a
    gated apartment complex so I wouldn't let him in.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Since this is such a divided country. that ap can also work as a tool to aid Conservatives in their buying decisions. That should nullify much of an effect from nuts who'd go to that length to espouse their anti-conservatism.

Thinking the exact same thing. Gonna go see what I can find on that.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I got sucked into an AmWay "Party" once when I was living in Roswell, GA.

They are slick, I'll give them that. They encourage you to dress up and the people giving
    the demo were in silk suits with huge gold Rolex watches and that was just the guys.

The person who "invites" you insists on bringing you so you are caught with no exit.

I had guessed it was going to be Amway but I went anyway as I wanted to see and
    hear the pitch. It's effective. I got bored after 20 min. and slipped out a side EXIT to
    have a cigar. They have people covering all exits but I found one near a mens room
    and escaped.

The guy who brought me tried 2 more times to take me again but I was living in a
    gated apartment complex so I wouldn't let him in.
    We had a 2LT who was trying to sell Amway to some of the enlisted troops when I was a 1LT. After I gave him a few warnings, which he ignored, I put the last warning in writing and passed it on to the commander, which ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Thinking the exact same thing. Gonna go see what I can find on that.
    Let us know what you find. I'd love an anti leftist ap. I'd love to be able to tell some libtard that I am only buying goods from some ap that makes his head explode. It'd be especially good if it ID'ed Laogai-produced goods from China.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

9. #9 I'm in the "can't come soon enuf" category for my HTC 
    "Though the app is designed to help liberal-minded consumers avoid contributing to Koch Industries and other companies on the right side of the political spectrum, in a backhanded way, Buycott would also help conservatives to tailor their purchases to those companies with similar values.

Consumers who support a traditional view of marriage may decide to purchase fast food from Chick-fil-A or gas from Exxon Mobil Corporation, two companies Buycott instructs users who support gay rights to avoid.

Though the app was number 10 in Apple’s App Store following its debut, it has fallen to number 22. And, after facing glitches on the Android phone, Buycott has been removed from its app store."

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/0...oycott-method/

If you do not like a company and you choose to not buy products from them then the Boycott app allows you to avoid them, but we want to look into this app a little further, please do read on for our explanation.

The Boycott app is available for iOS with the Android version coming soon, and this application is all about organising your very own consumer spending, as well as supporting causes that you really do care about.

The app itself allows users to check the structure of a company and ownership of any product; the app also traces the product back to its parent company with the stunning interactive family tree diagram.

Features include contact data for brands and companies etc; it can scan major retail barcodes such as EAN13, UPC-E, EAN8, UPC-A and so forth.

http://lifehacker.com/buycott-finds-...uses-507532556

iOS: Buycott provides a way for you to keep up with which companies support the causes you support, instead of providing a list of companies to avoid.

The app sorts most companies into "campaigns" that you can join. From there you can see which companies should be supported and which should be avoided. Additionally, you can see a family tree for each company so you know which subsidiaries are part of the parent company. Unfortunately, the amount of information for why each company is categorized in whichever group is somewhat minimal, but if nothing else, it provides a starting off point for your own research.

The iOS version is available now, with an Android app coming soon.

Buycott (Free) | iTunes App Store via CNET

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13553_1-575...#ixzz2TlYbPF00

If supermarket shelves are overwhelming due to the sheer diversity of items, imagine the corporate structure behind the packaging. Or don't; just let your phone do it. Scan any bar code (UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN8, EAN13...) with your phone and the free Buycott app (for iOS; a previously available Android version is now "Coming soon") will display the product's corporate family tree on the screen. The app takes knowing where your food comes from further, telling you not only what brand belongs to what company, but what that company does with your dollars.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Well, since only about 20% of the country calls themselves liberal. This won't affect anyone. But hey, more protest power to them. Of course we all know they would be throwing a fit if a conservative did such a thing.

Come to think of it. Let them boycott it and announce it. The last couple of times they tries such a thing. The sales of said plae they were boycotting quadrupled haha ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....