Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CDC: 1 In 5 US Children May Have Mental Disorder 
    ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) – Nearly 1 in 5 children in the U.S. suffers from a mental disorder, and this number has been rising for more than a decade.

According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 20 percent of American children are suffering from mental disorders such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression and autism.

The CDC’s first study of mental disorders among children aged 3 to 17 also found that the cost of medical bills for treatment of such disorders is up to $247 billion each year.

“This is a deliberate effort by CDC to show mental health is a health issue. As with any health concern, the more attention we give to it, the better. It’s parents becoming aware of the facts and talking to a health-care provider about how their child is learning, behaving and playing with other kids,” said Dr. Ruth Perou, the study’s lead author.

The CDC data was collected between 1994 and 2011, and it shows that the number of children being diagnosed with mental disorders has been steadily growing. The study did not conclude exactly why the numbers are increasing.

Read More>http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...ental-disorder

The people that run our government, the CDC, the union teachers, are the ones with the mental disorder, it is called liberalism.
    The children need discipline and guidance not a bunch of whacked out fruit cakes raising them for us.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

This one's easy: It's about the pharmaceutical industry. Guess who wants to shove pills down your kids' throats for profit?

HOME SCHOOLING.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    This one's easy: It's about the pharmaceutical industry. Guess who wants to shove pills down your kids' throats for profit?

HOME SCHOOLING.
    Now that they own the health care industry they will come to the door and shove them down our children's throats and then leave with our guns.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Actually I think it's more than just 1 in 5 kids. I'm sure that liberal parents are having more than 20% of the children in America today.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now that they own the health care industry they will come to the door and shove them down our children's throats and then leave with our guns.
    Horsepuddles. The AMA and Pharma have been working up to this for 30 years or more. They can't both be for "socialized medicine" and prepared to go into the catering business if it comes about.

Any parent who give a kid, or should I say boy since it's usually boys, drugs should be hauled into court.

And I will add a third party to this conspiracy: Women. Women have been waging war on boy children for 50 years now. Stop single sex schools, then try to make boys sit every other seat with girls and behave not simply like girls, but in ways the girls don't find threatening.

Idiots declare that the public schools set upon the path of ruin "when God was removed from the classroom". Bullshit! Schools were set upon the path of ruin when MEN were removed from the classroom, and the principal's office.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Any parent who give a kid, or should I say boy since it's usually boys, drugs should be hauled into court.
    Here you and I agree.

And I will add a third party to this conspiracy: Women. Women have been waging war on boy children for 50 years now.
    Oh yes, all women have been waging a war on men.

Good Lord, what silliness!

I will agree with you that the school system has been trying to force passivity on boys--and girls. The little police states we call public high schools, with the damned barbed wire around them and "zero tolerance policies" are bound to make kids scared to express a damned thought. The school psychiatrist who keeps wanting to shove pills down everyone's throat is no help. The high schools are a bloody mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Actually I think it's more than just 1 in 5 kids. I'm sure that liberal parents are having more than 20% of the children in America today.
    You have to norm for abortion.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Here you and I agree.

I'd say just the bra-burners, who deeply permeate the school systems in this country. There is most assuredly a disproportionate number of moonbat women in the classrooms of today's high schools.

I think that there's a good bit to what Nova has said here, actually. We have kicked men, and more particularly, manliness, out of the classroom. It's wrong to be manly today. It's wrong to fight when someone has picked a fight. It's wrong to defend a woman's honor in today's schools. It's actually criminal to take a bully to task.

We didn't have these problems when problems were resolved at 3:15 on the playground. Just sayin'.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Sonnabend
    I mentioned bra burners as a joke to my mum once, and she defined them as being so stupid, they'd forget to take the bra off BEFORE they burn it

Here you and I agree.

I will agree with you that the school system has been trying to force passivity on boys--and girls. The little police states we call public high schools, with the damned barbed wire around them and "zero tolerance policies" are bound to make kids scared to express a damned thought. The school psychiatrist who keeps wanting to shove pills down everyone's throat is no help. The high schools are a bloody mess.
    In this case, he has a point. Feminists have been doing everything that they can to criminalize and stigmatize male behavior that they can. Schools reward feminine behavior and punish masculine behavior. Toys that appeal primarily to boys are either banned outright (guns, for example) of forced on girls, while toys that appeal to girls are forced on boys. Christina Hoff Summers has a superb summary of the academic environment that is stacked against boys at http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ngle_page=true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) – Nearly 1 in 5 children in the U.S. suffers from a mental disorder, and this number has been rising for more than a decade.
    Do we know their DU names?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!