1. #1 Why is everyone "outraged"?? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmb as a stone or just a political operative???

Sat May 18, 2013, 07:37 AM
    kentuck

Why is everyone "outraged"??

The President is "outraged". Jack Lew, Treasury Secretary, is "outraged". All the Democrats and Republicans at the hearing yesterday were "outraged" that conservative groups were "targeted" by the IRS. Why?

It seems to me that rather than "outraged", they should have been very pleased? I must be missing something here?

The number of Tea Party-type groups seeking tax exemption quadrupled after the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision. Shouldn't the IRS have flagged all these groups? All of them were saying they were not primarily "political" entities? They lied and deceived the IRS at the expense of all other tax payers.

But the wealthy contributors, whose pockets were opened up with Citizens United decision, did not want their names publicized. They needed a way to hide their contributions anonymously. Voila! Tax exempt Tea Party groups.

Basically, it was nothing less than political money laundering. I give you a million dollars. You tell the IRS you are a patriot group concerned about your country. And you can spend hundreds of millions of dollars for conservative campaigns and nobody knows where the money came from? Brilliant, isn't it?

So, it is puzzling to me why every politician from the President on down are "outraged" that the IRS were targeting these groups for special scrutiny? Shouldn't we be happy that the IRS was doing its job in this case?

Instead, we get, "What did the White House know and when did they know it?" Did they keep it hid just so they could win the election last November?

Now, I am "outraged", too...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Kentuck goes to a new level of stupid with every passing day

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Kentuck is a good little Stalinist, isn't he?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Clear thinking rarely follows when one has an uptown drug habit and gets laid off from a despised job that was already falling short of one's weekly debt to drug dealers.