Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DOJ TARGETED FOX NEWS REPORTER 

When the Justice Department began investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea in 2009, investigators did more than obtain telephone records of a working journalist suspected of receiving the secret material.

They used security badge access records to track the reporter’s comings and goings from the State Department, according to a newly obtained court affidavit. They traced the timing of his calls with a State Department security adviser suspected of sharing the classified report. They obtained a search warrant for the reporter’s personal e-mails.

The case of Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, the government adviser, and James Rosen, the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News, bears striking similarities to a sweeping leaks investigation disclosed last week in which federal investigators obtained records over two months of more than 20 telephone lines assigned to the Associated Press.

At a time when President Obama’s administration is under renewed scrutiny for an unprecedented number of leak investigations, the Kim case provides a rare glimpse into the inner workings of one such probe.

Court documents in the Kim case reveal how deeply investigators explored the private communications of a working journalist — and raise the question of how often journalists have been investigated as closely as Rosen was in 2010. The case also raises new concerns among critics of government secrecy about the possible stifling effect of these investigations on a critical element of press freedom: the exchange of information between reporters and their sources.

“Search warrants like these have a severe chilling effect on the free flow of important information to the public,” said First Amendment lawyer Charles Tobin, who has represented the Associated Press, but not in the current case. “That’s a very dangerous road to go down.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...1f9_story.html
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Is it me or does it look like Obama is going to skate on Benghazi, IRS and the AP scandals? this one wont hurt him a bit.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Is it me or does it look like Obama is going to skate on Benghazi, IRS and the AP scandals? this one wont hurt him a bit.
    I think he's gonna skate on all of them actually.

IMO...the IRS "leak" was timed to take the heat off of him about Benghazi.

Then yesterday you had his latest designated liar go on all the talk shows spinning all of this away and saying the Republicans owe Susan Rice an apology.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Then yesterday you had his latest designated liar go on all the talk shows spinning all of this away and saying the Republicans owe Susan Rice an apology.
    I have no faith in this govt anymore if he gets away with what he has done. I just hope it cost the dems in 14
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

I've been saying this for a while...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

The IRS leak was timed to head off the worst of it, but it's still gathering steam. The idea was to try and get ahead of it and claim that it was an isolated incident, but the truth traveled as fast as the spin, with the result that the administration came off looking blatantly dishonest. This is actually multiplying the effect of Benghazi, as well as the AP story, since all three of them involved suppressing information that might impact on Obama's reelection (the IRS suppressed dissenting viewpoints, Benghazi suppressed damaging information and the AP story imposed administration control on the release of news within the cycle). They are all bad news for Obama, although he will not see any Constitutional penalties for them, since he will not be impeached. Some of his subordinates might, however, especially if the house issues citations for perjury. Remember that Hillary lied under oath about the internet video, as did several other administration sources. Holder is probably looking at multiple contempt citations for his stonewalling, and Sebelius could end up going to jail for her fundraising activities. Those should be the targets.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

What is the DUmp saying about this? I am sure they over looked all the scandals their networks did and are saying this proves how Fox News is.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The IRS leak was timed to head off the worst of it, but it's still gathering steam. The idea was to try and get ahead of it and claim that it was an isolated incident, but the truth traveled as fast as the spin, with the result that the administration came off looking blatantly dishonest. This is actually multiplying the effect of Benghazi, as well as the AP story, since all three of them involved suppressing information that might impact on Obama's reelection (the IRS suppressed dissenting viewpoints, Benghazi suppressed damaging information and the AP story imposed administration control on the release of news within the cycle). They are all bad news for Obama, although he will not see any Constitutional penalties for them, since he will not be impeached. Some of his subordinates might, however, especially if the house issues citations for perjury. Remember that Hillary lied under oath about the internet video, as did several other administration sources. Holder is probably looking at multiple contempt citations for his stonewalling, and Sebelius could end up going to jail for her fundraising activities. Those should be the targets.
    Thank you. SR and I have been discussing this at home. He thinks Obama will skate. I think that there is some justice in the world. Call me naive, but I think that you can only push things so far before there is a push-back. The Obama administration has become way too over confident.

As an ex-English major, the Obama administration is the embodiment of the fatal consequences of ego. The "ego" comes before the fall, sort of the fatal flaw that leads to a tragic ending. Obama thinks that there is no reckoning, that he rises above the law. I'm hoping there are enough good men and women who will stand up and say "enough".

Think of Lady Macbeth and her "out out damned spot" cries. Obama might just find that he can't erase the blood of those butchered in Benghazi. And Americans have always been distrustful of the IRS. Now his administration has given a basis for their fears, made them more tangible.

The Tea Party had been damaged by the IRS policies and the constant scorn of the dems and the press. But now they seem to be emerging stronger than ever. They're getting perhaps too strident. Somehow I'm on their email list, and have been receiving way too many emails. At least I'm being kept current on all the latest Obama scandals, courtesy of the Tea Party.

I'm hoping that this builds to a critical mass. We were at a subdivision picnic Saturday. I heard many people talking about politics, guys saying "I didn't vote for him". This is the first time when I've heard such discussions at the little get-togethers. Usually folks are more careful and avoid political topics.

If they don't get Obama with an impeachment, they should take down some of his subordinates. His standing in history shouldn't be honorable. The word honor is besmirched by Obama. He doesn't have a clue to its meaning.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

This is getting worse:

Fox News reports that three Fox staffers, two reporters and one producer, were targeted by Barack Obama's Justice Department. Fox doesn't have all the details yet on reporter William La Jeunesse and producer Mike Levine, but their emails showed up in a IG report regarding Fast and Furious. Either their emails were leaked by the Justice Department officials they were sent to, or the email accounts of both were subpoenaed and invaded by government investigators.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...argeted-By-DOJ

Every Conservative talk show host...news paper writer and television broadcaster needs to file FOIA requests to find out if they were targeted too.

My guess is this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as this Administrations "enemies list."

"We are outraged to learn today that James Rosen was named a criminal co-conspirator for simply doing his job as a reporter," Clemente said. "In fact, it is downright chilling. We will unequivocally defend his right to operate as a member of what up until now has always been a free press."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2TrP315I5