Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Oklahoma tornadoes: More forecast for Monday (+video) 
    Oklahoma tornadoes leave one dead on Sunday. But tornado warnings saved lives in Oklahoma, say officials. The National Weather Service says more tornadoes are forecast for Monday afternoon.

Shawnee, Okla.

Hearing on the radio that a violent storm was approaching her rural Oklahoma neighborhood, Lindsay Carter took advantage of the advanced warning, gathered her belongings and fled. When she returned, there was little left of the community she called home.
    Several tornadoes struck parts of the nation's midsection Sunday, concentrating damage in central Oklahoma and Wichita, Kan. One person was killed near Shawnee, Okla., and 21 injuries were reported throughout the state.

Victims and emergency responders might not get much of reprieve as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Storm Prediction Center was forecasting similar weather for Monday over much of the same area.

The National Weather Service says baseball-sized hail and tornadoes are possible Monday afternoon and evening in Oklahoma. Forecasters say a large section of central and eastern Oklahoma is at a moderate risk for the severe weather. The moderate risk area includes Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

Read More> http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-...r-Monday-video

The big one ran out of juice right before it got to us.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Moore, OK just got devestated...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I am in tears here. Those children, that elementary school. I pray to God that they are o.k.... :(

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

We've got an Airman in my unit here whose family lives there. He was able to get ahold of his sister, but they haven't found their parents yet. The family home is gone as well...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I pray that they are o.k as well, DJones.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

how is our resident pig doing? I hope him and his family are ok along with the goats :(
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

MOORE, Oklahoma -

A massive tornado ripped across Moore Monday afternoon, wiping out neighborhoods, destroying a school, killing at least three people and leaving an untold number of people injured.

The powerful tornado first touched down in Newcastle and churned toward Interstate 44 and S.W. 149th Street. It ripped down Santa Fe and hit Briarwood Elementary School, destroying the building. Parents ran to the school, trying to make sure their children were all right. Firefighters and police raced to the scene to help rescue trapped students and staff.

Gary Knight with the Oklahoma City Police Department says there is no word of injuries from the elementary school. A teacher told News 9's Karl Torp that students and staff took shelter before the storm struck in hallways and under their decks. There were some minor injuries but all students were accounted for.

There were also reports a daycare center next door to the school was hit. Several children were pulled safely from the debris. Plaza Towers Elementary also sustained serious damage.

There were reports three people were killed at 7-Eleven Store in Moore. There were also reports two children were killed in the tornado.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    how is our resident pig doing? I hope him and his family are ok along with the goats :(
    We got missed again but it could be a long night, the weather isn't over yet.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

People are getting checks, pictures and paperwork in northern Oklahoma from destroyed homes in central Oklahoma.
    I wish a nice healthy Angus steer would land here, I'm hungry.

I was on a high floor in a hotel in Tulsa in 1999 when the 300 MPHer hit Del City/Midwest City. My Aunt and cousin spent the evening in the bathtub and the back of the closet.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.