Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Stuff You Would Buy With a $590m Lotto Win 
    Half a billion dollars...I'd probably put it all on black. :D

You guys? One big lotto win that is for sure!
    Last edited by ScrummyAdam; 07-05-2013 at 11:01 AM.

I'd wouldn't do anything crazy with it, just pay off bills, take care of my family and travel the world oh and get 5 of the hottest women and have a wild orgy. Nothing spectacular :D
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I'd buy some property on Lake Michigan and build the house of my dreams. I'd also start some kind of charitable foundation, and, of course, split 10% off the top to the two churches I attend.

I would pay off all my debt, pay off all my families debt, build my wife a new house(nothing crazy big but bigger than what we have with lots of property to build a bunker on), then I would start a foundation to help people with the cost of adoption.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

$590.5 M
    Cash-out option makes it $295M.
    Taxes makes it, AT BEST, $180M

The first ten percent goes to God/good works. I have my charities in mind, and I would double that, easily.

Remaining: $144M.

I don't really have any debt, so I wouldn't have any bills to pay per se. I would buy the little house I've been eyeing for a few days. Asking $99K, it's worth about $75K as a complete fixer-upper, but it's the perfect size for me and I love the location. Gut the joint and re-do it how I want. Probably sink $50K into it. The place will grow in value out of that, given its location.

Remaining: $143.9M.

Buy a truly new car for the first time in my life.

Remaining: $143.85M.

Invest enough that I'll be absolutely certain that I'll never have to concern myself with money ever again, and stick it into a trust that's un-touchable.

Remaining: $100M.

Start some charitable foundations, largely devoted to helping people who are attempting to help themselves.

Live happily ever after.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Buy tornado shelter.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Buy some politicians.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Buy some politicians.
    It is possible, I have often thought it to be ironic that Obama is owned by an old white German man named Soros.
    Once again history is repeating itself.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I would pay off all my debt, pay off all my families debt, build my wife a new house(nothing crazy big but bigger than what we have with lots of property to build a bunker on), then I would start a foundation to help people with the cost of adoption.
    Nobody tells prospective adoptive parents how much it will cost them to adopt a child. Some agencies will pick up some of the costs, but there are always unforseen costs.

I would do two things:

1) Add to my Capital Management Account

2) Add to my Charity Account.

From the Capital Management Account I would pay off all my bills, and help only my immediate family (and very close friends that I consider family). Anyone I do not know or hardly know won't get anything. My list at this point is 10 people and that is it.

After I am debt free, I would build my dream house and have my stable of dream cars.....And a nice House Boat to put on the lake near me. Then just live like a normal person, or as normal as I could anyhow. Oh, I would also get a time share at Disney World :)

** If you notice from what I am saying: I would invest it all first, then pass it out to family and pay off bills and buy things from the money I make from the investments.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....