1. #1 Syria: Attack on military facility was a 'declaration of war' by Israel 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Tough Shit.

By Frederik Pleitgen and Sara Sidner, CNN
    updated 5:41 PM EDT, Sun May 5, 2013

Damascus, Syria (CNN) -- A series of massive explosions illuminated the dark sky over Damascus early Sunday, igniting renewed claims that Israel has launched attacks into the war-torn country.

Syria's government said the explosions were the second Israeli airstrike in three days. The latest target, officials said, was a military research facility outside the Syrian capital. A top Syrian official told CNN in an exclusive interview that the attack was a "declaration of war" by Israel.

Syrian authorities vowed to retaliate against Israel but did not specify what action they would take.

The Israeli military would not confirm or deny the Syrian claim that Israel fired rockets that hit the Jamraya research center in the Damascus suburbs.

May the FORCE be with you!

If I could, I'd migrate to Israel where they have more balls than that ghey SoB in the WH!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Lets make a bet to see who Barry will support? I am saying Syria ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Lets make a bet to see who Barry will support? I am saying Syria ..
    I doubt it. All the big boys are putting their eggs in the "Rebel" basket. It's lose lose IMO. Israel is making a collassal mistake. They tried this in the 70's when the took Hamas over the PLO and it's bit them in the ass.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I doubt it. All the big boys are putting their eggs in the "Rebel" basket. It's lose lose IMO. Israel is making a collassal mistake. They tried this in the 70's when the took Hamas over the PLO and it's bit them in the ass.

The Israelis aren't siding with the rebels, they are destroying stocks of chemical weapons before the rebels can get to them. The fact that they are in the hands of the regime right now doesn't mean anything.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I am under the impression that the Israelis are destroying the weapons so they aren't used on them. With is likely to happen?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Sonnabend
    Syrian authorities vowed to retaliate against Israel but did not specify what action they would take.
    Israelis simply laughed and said "Bring it, bubba".

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I am under the impression that the Israelis are destroying the weapons so they aren't used on them. With is likely to happen?
    It's very likely, which is why the Israelis acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Israelis simply laughed and said "Bring it, bubba".
    This "declaration of war" line is so obviously BS, because the state of war has always existed, thanks to Syria. Syria was one of the Arab nations that invaded Israel after the UN partition vote. They were driven out, but continued to wage war against Israel. When Syria held the Golan Heights, they used to rain artillery in Israel, from 1948-1967. That didn't stop until the Six-Day War, when the Israelis drove the Syrians out (and that is why they will never get it back). After that, the Syrians attacked Israel again in 1973, supported the PLO in their drive to take over Lebanon and then bankrolled and supported Hezbollah until Iran took over as the regional player, at which point they became a conduit for weapons, personnel and cash. Those rockets that Hezbollah fires into Israel come from Iran through Syria. Calling this a "declaration of war" ignores their own declarations and waging of war for the past seven decades.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Until their ADA can actually inflict losses on intruding IDF aircraft, it's all just blather.