Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Amateur Chef Dies After Eating Hell Chili Sauce. 
    Aspiring Chef Dies After Eating Red-Hot Chili Sauce as a Dare

Monday, September 29, 2008

An aspiring chef died after eating a super-hot chilli sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend.

Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend’s brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciest sauce that he could create.

The fork-lift truck driver, who wanted to cook for a living, prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on his father’s allotment. After eating it, however, he suffered intense discomfort and itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack.

Toxicology tests are being conducted to try to establish if he suffered a reaction to the food.

An inquest was told that Lee, from Edlington, England, was in perfect health and had just passed a medical examination at work. He was a keen cook and would often prepare meals for his parents. It is believed that Mr Lee had never prepared a dish as hot as the one he made the night before his death.

Lee’s sister, Claire Chadbourne, 29, said that he took a jar of the sauce to the home of his girlfriend, Samantha Bailey, and challenged her brother Michael, 29, to see who could eat it. “Andrew just ate the chillies with a plate of Dolmio sauce,” she added. “It was not a proper meal because he had already eaten lamb chops and potato mash after work.

“He apparently got into bed at 2.30am and started scratching all over. His girlfriend scratched his back until he fell asleep. She woke up and he had gone. It is incredible. Who would have thought he could have died from eating chilli sauce? We don’t know of anything else that could have caused his death. The postmortem showed no heart problems.
    A man's got to know his limitations.

I grow and eat some spicy peppers but I stay away from really hot types. Do you like really hot foods? What's the hottest thing you've ever tried? Would you do it again?

Hot Stuff!

I can't even tolerate Pace mild sauce.

Power CUer
    I prefer foods that are white in color and bland in nature. My English heritage. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I grow and eat some spicy peppers but I stay away from really hot types. Do you like really hot foods? What's the hottest thing you've ever tried? Would you do it again?

Hot Stuff!

That is scary if it was the peppers that did him in! The hottest I have had were some scotch bonnets we grew at home. You have to use them sparingly. Alot of time we would just add 1 halved to olive oil for a minute or 2 then take them out and have some nice hot pepper flavored oil to cook with.
    Oh and make sure you wash your hand very good, tmi, especially if you have to go to the john, it burns! LOL

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Hot Stuff!
    Not realizing what it was, I used Dave's Insanity Sauce as just that, taco sauce. Thought I was gonna die. The odd thing now is I can tolerate very hot foods. Most of the stuff that I think is just "spicy", could probably kill small animals, or chefs.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

When we first moved to Fort Bragg North Carolina and were served a barbecue sandwich, we looked at the grey blob and thought "what the heck?'. (we learned to LOVE NC barbecue)

There was a bottle of Texas Pete on the table and my husband didn't know it was the equivalent of Tabasco and doused his sandwich - to a Texan, barbecue should be RED.

YOOOOOOWWWWWW.................blister lips.:D

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    When we first moved to Fort Bragg North Carolina and were served a barbecue sandwich, we looked at the grey blob and thought "what the heck?'. (we learned to LOVE NC barbecue)

There was a bottle of Texas Pete on the table and my husband didn't know it was the equivalent of Tabasco and doused his sandwich - to a Texan, barbecue should be RED.

YOOOOOOWWWWWW.................blister lips.:D
    Wuss, thats only 1000 scoville. :p
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Aspiring Chef Dies After Eating Red-Hot Chili Sauce as a Dare

Monday, September 29, 2008

An aspiring chef died after eating a super-hot chilli sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend.

Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend’s brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciest sauce that he could create.

The fork-lift truck driver, who wanted to cook for a living, prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on his father’s allotment. After eating it, however, he suffered intense discomfort and itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack.

Toxicology tests are being conducted to try to establish if he suffered a reaction to the food.

An inquest was told that Lee, from Edlington, England, was in perfect health and had just passed a medical examination at work. He was a keen cook and would often prepare meals for his parents. It is believed that Mr Lee had never prepared a dish as hot as the one he made the night before his death.

Lee’s sister, Claire Chadbourne, 29, said that he took a jar of the sauce to the home of his girlfriend, Samantha Bailey, and challenged her brother Michael, 29, to see who could eat it. “Andrew just ate the chillies with a plate of Dolmio sauce,” she added. “It was not a proper meal because he had already eaten lamb chops and potato mash after work.

“He apparently got into bed at 2.30am and started scratching all over. His girlfriend scratched his back until he fell asleep. She woke up and he had gone. It is incredible. Who would have thought he could have died from eating chilli sauce? We don’t know of anything else that could have caused his death. The postmortem showed no heart problems.
    Next time on "Manswers..."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

noonwitch
    I like a touch of spicy. I prefer Crystal Hot Sauce, because it is not overly spicy and has a sweet edge to it. I freak out my neices by putting it on scrambled eggs.

When I go to Thai restaurants, though, I usually order the food mild and add hot sauce to it. Medium is just a bit too spicy for me. Same with Indian food.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I can't even tolerate Pace mild sauce.
    I go for the medium. If the stuff is too hot you can't taste anything else.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ