Thread: Massive submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Massive submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists 
    The massive circular structure appears to be an archaeologist's dream: a recently discovered antiquity that could reveal secrets of ancient life in the Middle East and is just waiting to be excavated.

It's thousands of years old -- a conical, manmade behemoth weighing hundreds of tons, practically begging to be explored.

The problem is -- it's at the bottom of the biblical Sea of Galilee. For now, at least, Israeli researchers are left stranded on dry land, wondering what finds lurk below.

The monumental structure, made of boulders and stones with a diameter of 230 feet, emerged from a routine sonar scan in 2003. Now archaeologists are trying to raise money to allow them access to the submerged stones.

"It's very enigmatic, it's very interesting, but the bottom line is we don't know when it's from, we don't know what it's connected to, we don't know its function," said Dani Nadel, an archaeologist at the University of Haifa who is one of several researchers studying the discovery. "We only know it is there, it is huge and it is unusual."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...#ixzz2U8fLpWCu
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The massive circular structure appears to be an archaeologist's dream: a recently discovered antiquity that could reveal secrets of ancient life in the Middle East and is just waiting to be excavated.

It's thousands of years old -- a conical, manmade behemoth weighing hundreds of tons, practically begging to be explored.

The problem is -- it's at the bottom of the biblical Sea of Galilee. For now, at least, Israeli researchers are left stranded on dry land, wondering what finds lurk below.

The monumental structure, made of boulders and stones with a diameter of 230 feet, emerged from a routine sonar scan in 2003. Now archaeologists are trying to raise money to allow them access to the submerged stones.

"It's very enigmatic, it's very interesting, but the bottom line is we don't know when it's from, we don't know what it's connected to, we don't know its function," said Dani Nadel, an archaeologist at the University of Haifa who is one of several researchers studying the discovery. "We only know it is there, it is huge and it is unusual."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...#ixzz2U8fLpWCu
    Uh oh...

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Maybe it's just a sand Barr.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Could it be that they finally found Atlantis?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Maybe it's just a sand Barr.
    Shame on you Rock you should have given us a warning, now my manhood has crawled back into my body :(
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Someone better tell the Superfriends that they've found the Legion of Doom's HQ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfvR4hl-Gzw

Or maybe the Powerpuff Girls is all they need....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9ZxPHjBdU
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Or maybe it could be Nessy?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Someone better tell the Superfriends that they've found the Legion of Doom's HQ....

Or maybe the Powerpuff Girls is all they need....
    This legion of doom?

Or this legion of doom?

"Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Fabulous Poster
    "We only know it is there, it is huge and it is unusual."
    Excuse me?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Excuse me?
    What?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein