1. #1 Trump prevails over grandmother, 87, in condo case 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar

Donald Trump won a heated court fight today when a federal jury in Chicago awarded no damages to an 87-year-old Evanston grandmother who sued the TV celebrity over a disputed condo deal at his high-rise Chicago hotel.

Jacqueline Goldberg testified the real estate mogul pulled a fast one by yanking financial incentives after she had plunked down a $500,000 deposit on two condos at Trump International Hotel and Tower.

During closing arguments Wednesday, Goldberg’s lawyers asked the jury for $6 million in damages.

LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I wonder what they would look like with their hair switched?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Her and the lawyer wanted money. The wanting of $6 million in damages gives it away. If she would have just requested the $500,000 deposit back, she might have gotten somewhere.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Her and the lawyer wanted money. The wanting of $6 million in damages gives it away. If she would have just requested the $500,000 deposit back, she might have gotten somewhere.

Yeah, but I love the value judgement against Trump that is implied in the headline.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I'm not familiar with this case, but I can see a legal argument that Donald Trump put his allegedly golden name on something which he had no actual intent or concern in seeing made profitable beyond his own narrow interest.

For example, here in Tampa a "Trump Tower" was offered for preconstruction sale. Trump came to down with bang and whistle to hype this POS and Tampans lined up to give deposits. Before the first deposit was taken, ads ran which said that over half of the condos were already "reserved". Now, to me a licensed realtor who actually paid attention in class, "reserved" doesn't mean squat. Either they are "under contract" or they aren't. Unless there is a deposit in place and a contract which fixes the price, it's still for sale.

Long story short, everyone who did put a deposit down lost it.

I have to say though, that whether Trump puts his name on it or not I would never advise a buyer to put a significant deposit on an unbuilt unit in an unfinished development. A couple of thousand should hold it, and if it doesn't it could mean that the builder is short of cash.