Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Sad day for the Scouts.
    THEY buckled under the pressure. THEY could have fought for this in the courts for years.

meh. The military just let them out of the closet to be OPEN about it in 2011. I haven't seen the first problem from that. I'm still waiting to see the first two dudes holding hands at a military ball.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

OneNewsNow reported: "The board of governors overseeing scouting in Canada decided to admit females, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals into scouting." Scouting rolls dropped from 300,000 to 130,000. - See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/20...y#.UaC4ePjn9jp

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    OneNewsNow reported: "The board of governors overseeing scouting in Canada decided to admit females, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals into scouting." Scouting rolls dropped from 300,000 to 130,000. - See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/20...y#.UaC4ePjn9jp
    Yes but they have much smarter scouts...........banging muffins into each other and slapping wieners together.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Keep your progressive values, it's your privilege. I don't agree with you on almost anything, but that's my privilege. It doesn't mean either of us are bad people, just differ in our value systems. As far as kids getting hurt, I suspect far more kids have emotional scars from predatory gays. A friend of mine had both sons affected for years by a predatory priest, kicked out by the church in Boston, who made his way to another city. He set himself up as a counselor. What a set up---in a position of authority and trust. Sort of like the way a scout leader might be. Sorry, just don't agree with you, Lanie.
    And yet somehow I managed to go through years of Catholic school without being molested or knowing anyone who was. Anecdotal justification for prejudice is easily made.

I think parents need to take some responsibility for children who have been molested. I was very prudish as a child. Had I been molested, I think my parents would have known. I know this about my parents, they respected boundaries. I wanted to be an acolyte in our Episcopal church. I went to the meeting, and it was run by older boys who apparently had learned their craft at Charlotte Hall. They were assholes. Looking back, if I would have been sexually abused it probably would have been by one of them and in that respect-the-senior-boys environment. Standing at attention holding the seams of my trousers seemed rather odd for church, so I left that day, told my father what had happened, and that was that.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    THEY buckled under the pressure. THEY could have fought for this in the courts for years.
    The courts were done with the BSA after Dale; fourteen years ago. The BSA won. This had nothing to do with the courts or the threat of courts.

I'm still waiting to see the first two dudes holding hands at a military ball.
    Already happened. West Point.

meh. The military just let them out of the closet to be OPEN about it in 2011. I haven't seen the first problem from that. I'm still waiting to see the first two dudes holding hands at a military ball.
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/military-...-sex-assaults/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think that the discussion of "sexual assaults" in the military needs to clear define what activity is being reported and who is reporting it. These wild numbers suggest that accuracy is being sacrificed to utility.

Also, while I realize that the WND article relies on ignorance for audience, a male on male sexual assault is not necessarily gay, and in the military probably isn't. Women in general consider a great deal of what men in general consider to be playful to be out of bounds. Heterosexual men do make sexual overtures and gestures to each other and to gay men as well. It's just one of those inexplicable twists of the male psyche that Butch McAthlete can dry hump Freddy Football and neither one of them consider it to be actually sexual and certainly not a sign of either one of them being homosexual. I can show you dozens of Facebook photos of straight guys "raping" each other for the camera.

So the valid question is "What has actually changed?" The most obvious answer would be that a generation of "If you don't like it , then lump it you cry baby" has given way to "Go speak to someone in HR about this." A generation of lawyers who would say, "It's the military, you won't get very far with a lawsuit." has given way to "We'll drag their asses into court."

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    And Robert Baden-Powell is spinning in his grave............

doc

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Have you ever considered the possibility that, if homosexuality is immoral, perhaps it is construcive for individuals "afflicted" with that condition to be exposed to an institution that teaches moral behavior as part of its curriculum. After all, if you have compassion, as Jesus suggested his followers should, then barring a gay young man from said exposure is tantamount to depriving a man who is ill of much needed medication. To do so is every bit as immoral as the sin you seek to ostricize by refusing gays admission into the Boy Scouts of America, no?
    If that were truly the reason for allowing supposedly gay teens onto Scouts then you might have a point. This is politics and agenda driven ideology lite and simple. The left has been beating down the resistance within the Scouts for years.

Goody for them. They win and America loses.

And before you go start sounding like a lib with the whole WWJD stuff. He also instructed to obey what's in the Bible. And the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.

The only thing immoral here besides this stupid decision is trying to throw Jesus into the mix like the Libs do with their whole Jesus was a liberal BS.

Bog fail on your part.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Keep your progressive values, it's your privilege. I don't agree with you on almost anything, but that's my privilege. It doesn't mean either of us are bad people, just differ in our value systems. As far as kids getting hurt, I suspect far more kids have emotional scars from predatory gays. A friend of mine had both sons affected for years by a predatory priest, kicked out by the church in Boston, who made his way to another city. He set himself up as a counselor. What a set up---in a position of authority and trust. Sort of like the way a scout leader might be. Sorry, just don't agree with you, Lanie.
    I guess I take offense to the term "predatory gays." Gays are not predators. I have a question. If a heterosexual molests somebody, are they predatory straights? Blaming it on supposedly being gay is as wrong as blaming it on them being Catholics. DUers would blame molestation in the priesthood on being Catholic. What it's really about is the desire to have sex with children and using positions of authority to do so. They'll use the priesthood, the teaching profession, social work, cop, you name it. They use positions of respect and authority to become a predator because they're cowards. Not because they're gay, because they're cowards.

Pedophilia isn't about sexual orientation. It's about the desire to have sex with children.

http://www.childmolestationpreventio...pdfs/study.pdf

It talks about how most child molestation occurs between family members. I don't see a movement to put a stop to predatory family members (although there really should be when somebody is accused over and over again).

More....

http://www.childmolestationpreventio...the_facts.html

We want to introduce you to a sexual abuser of children. Keep in mind that far more men than women are abusers. In fact, approximately one out of 20 men, and approximately one out of 3,300 women are sexual abusers of children. Let's look at a man who has molested children. We'll call him George.
    How do we stop male predators of children? Any guys here feel uneasy at me putting it that way? It later shows that there are more admitted white molesters than other ethnic groups. How are we going to protect our children against white men? Is this starting to sound wrong yet?

But let's get back to the idea of gays going after our children (which btw, is as wrong as saying that black men want to rape our white women).

http://womensissues.about.com/od/gir...Statistics.htm

The following 10 facts and statistics, drawn from the National Center for Victims of Crime "Child Sexual Abuse" fact sheet, reveals the scope of child sexual abuse in the U.S. and its devastating long-term impact on a child's life:
    An estimated 25% of girls and 16% of boys experience sexual abuse before they are 18 years old. Statistics for boys may be falsely low because of reporting techniques. (Ann Botash, MD, in Pediatric Annual, May 1997.)
    Now, with at least twenty-five percent of girls getting molested and with the majority of child molestors being men, I think it's accurate to say that a lot of those girls got molested by men. That's in no way a homosexual behavior.

Girls are the victims of incest and/or intrafamily sexual abuse much more frequently than boys. Between 33-50% of perpetrators who sexually abuse girls are family members, while only 10-20% of those who sexually abuse boys are intrafamily perpetrators. Intrafamily abuse continues over a longer period of time than sexual abuse outside the family, and some forms -- such as parent-child abuse -- have more serious and lasting consequences.(Finkelhor, 1994.)
    Like I said earlier, family predators.

But what is a pedophilia? Is it another term for homosexuality? No.

http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html#b

It may be directed toward children of the same sex or children of the other sex. Some pedophiles are attracted to both boys and girls. Some are attracted only to children, while others are attracted to adults as well as to children.
    The onset of pedophilia usually occurs during adolescence. Occasional pedophiles begin their activities during middle age but this late onset is uncommon. In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.
    So, at least fifty percent are married? That doesn't sound like homosexuality to me.