Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I know of one group that has dropped it's affiliation with the BSA yet continues to be sponsored at a local church. They wanted no part of being forced to allow homosexual boys into their organization and the obvious problems most of us understand would be created.

TXR is not making this stuff up. It's happening.

For those that claim that Jesus did not say anything about homosexuality in the Bible might want to look up this passage. 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

I saw a news story over the weekend about how many churches are no longer going to allow BSA to meet in their buildings.

There will be other churches who will allow them to meet in their buildings, now, and maybe wouldn't before. Like UCC/UMC/PBUSA churches. I would guess that most Catholic churches that already have scout troops will keep them. Although, I would really laugh hard if the Catholic church did ban Boy Scouts and claimed that it was because they wanted to protect boys from pedophiles.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Homosexual free alternative to Boy Scouts in works
    http://patdollard.com/2013/05/homose...-in-the-works/

and some people critical of the vote now are working to create a separate scouting organization based on traditional morals.

Do you have any idea how ignorant that is?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Oh the reality.

The BSA are, of course, completely free to choose to do this. Actions have consequences, though. Here's a very big consequence. I know that my old troop is being asked to leave the church where it used to meet because of this. Ironically, it's a church that is directly across the street from the Middle Tennessee Boy Scout Council. I have no idea if my old troop will survive or not.

I don't particularly care if you're gay or not. That's your business. But the Boy Scouts are a private organization. They have always had the right to make up their own rules. But they should not have kowtowed to political correctness or the Left's agenda of just fucking with something until they destroy it. There was nothing in the world to prevent young gay boys (if you actually believe in the nonsense that someone has achieved his sexual identity at age ten) having their own scouting organization. They won't do that, though, because that would ultimately force them to admit that: a.) there aren't nearly so many gay people as the gay lobby would like for people to believe, and; b.) that homosexuality is a choice.

The BSA has effectively martyred itself on the altar of political correctness.
    I wish you people would make up your minds. Either gay scouts are sexually mature and going to prey on straight scouts or they are sexually immature and can't possibly know that they are gay because in your ignorant meme sexual orientation = copulation and the only reason that heterosexual scouts aren't out there raping girls is because they can't belong to the BSA, or some such stupidity.

Of course, we're also supposed to pretend that this entire discussion isn't exactly the same as when people wanted to desegregate your old scout troop. It will either survive or it won't. Frankly, I consider scouting to be on the same path as baseball (death by boredom) but no one asked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

Do you have any idea how ignorant that is?
    Say's the human butt plug.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Say's the human butt plug.

Oh that's nice!

6. #106 The Boy Scout Fallout 
    The dust has scarcely settled from the Boy Scouts of America’s landmark vote to allow openly gay young men and boys to participate in scouting, yet already another controversy is brewing with parents and churches caught up in the crossfire.

Nationwide, congregations and families are coming to terms with the BSA policy change. In an effort to remain strong in their biblical convictions, many are being forced to cut ties with the BSA despite years of financial support and mutual trust.

But in doing so, their decision to withdraw support of the nation’s largest scouting organization has come under scrutiny by the liberal media and the leftwing blogosphere. Just days following the vote, Atlanta-area pastor Ernest Easley made national news when he advised his parishioners to cut all ties with BSA.

“I never dreamed I’d have to stand up publicly and say to parents: Pull your kids out of the Boy Scouts,” Easley told the Baptist Press May 28. “If you would have asked me that five years ago, 10 years ago, I would have laughed,” Easley said. “And even as I was saying it Sunday morning, I thought, I cannot believe I’m having to address this and encourage parents to pull their children out of the Boy Scouts of America.”

Louisville’s largest church, Southeast Christian Church, also made headlines when they cut ties with the Boy Scouts after the national organization decided to drop its ban on gay youth.
    Read More>http://theblacksphere.net/2013/06/th...scout-fallout/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Fabulous Poster
    The dust has scarcely settled from the Boy Scouts of America’s landmark vote to allow openly gay young men and boys to participate in scouting, yet already another controversy is brewing with parents and churches caught up in the crossfire.

Nationwide, congregations and families are coming to terms with the BSA policy change. In an effort to remain strong in their biblical convictions, many are being forced to cut ties with the BSA despite years of financial support and mutual trust.

But in doing so, their decision to withdraw support of the nation’s largest scouting organization has come under scrutiny by the liberal media and the leftwing blogosphere. Just days following the vote, Atlanta-area pastor Ernest Easley made national news when he advised his parishioners to cut all ties with BSA.

“I never dreamed I’d have to stand up publicly and say to parents: Pull your kids out of the Boy Scouts,” Easley told the Baptist Press May 28. “If you would have asked me that five years ago, 10 years ago, I would have laughed,” Easley said. “And even as I was saying it Sunday morning, I thought, I cannot believe I’m having to address this and encourage parents to pull their children out of the Boy Scouts of America.”

Louisville’s largest church, Southeast Christian Church, also made headlines when they cut ties with the Boy Scouts after the national organization decided to drop its ban on gay youth.
    Read More>http://theblacksphere.net/2013/06/th...scout-fallout/
    Fear not. Troops with nondiscrimination policies will probably be restored the free use of public buildings and facilities.

Fear not. Troops with nondiscrimination policies will probably be restored the free use of public buildings and facilities.
    Your grammar sucks, what a coincidence.

Fabulous Poster
    Your grammar sucks, what a coincidence.
    My grammar is fine; you just aren't accustomed to proper speech howbeit ye hail from Oklahomo.

howbeit ye hail from Oklahomo.
    Says the Floridouchen.