Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

Do you read your own comments?
    You obviously don't.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    How is it that you have "studied the Bible extensively," yet seemingly know almost nothing that God says? Txradioguy has already listed a couple scriptures regarding God's opinion of marriage, (an opinion repeated by Christ, by the way), it's really puzzling that a Biblical scholar wouldn't already know those verses. Unless, of course, your extensive study was solely on the cherry-picked, out-of-context verses found on many anti-Christian sites...

Actually, holiness is based on love, but it doesn't have much to do with the sex act. It has a lot more to do with God's patience and love of humans, and His sacrificial gift of Christ. Sex was given to married couples (one man, one woman, per His own words) for procreation (I guess you missed the "be fruitful and multiply" part, and the part in Psalms that equates many children with great riches), and also to cement the intimacy between husband and wife. If humans lived by God's Laws, they would come into marriage virginal (both the male and the female - as He made them), so that all sexual pleasure is delivered by the spouse, and things like sexual diseases do not hazard the marriage or the children produced.

Where on earth did you get the idea that God values love above all else? God IS love, He gives to us the ability to love Him and to love others, but that doesn't mean it is what He values above all else. He is also perfect justice, but that also does not mean He values justice above all else. Judging from the multiple times He praised His perfect, sinless, obedient Son, I would gather that He loves sinlessness above anything else. Why else go to such lengths to give each of us the ability to be washed clean of our sin?

You know the god you believe in? Well, I'm sure you do, since you've made it up out of wishes and moonbeams. However, you make it clear you don't know God well at all. Thankfully, you still have time to change that. May I suggest that you stop studying the Bible extensively, and just read it? His love letter to us is always a good starting point to learning about Him.
    Your self-righteousness does not make up for your narrow knowledge base with regard to the history of the Bible we read today. Are you aware of the extensive human editorial review that it underwent along the way? Your attitude toward the texts and belief that they are the uttered word of God indicates you are not, but no matter. You and txradioguy are still arguing in favor of the nature of marriage and Jesus' view of that institution when the question at hand is related to homosexuality and how Jesus addressed that particular sin and how he would react if invited to a gay wedding. Again, we are talking apples and oranges here and the exercise is fruitless, pardon the pun.

Look on the bright side though, Hawkgirl is buying your sermon.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Are you aware of the extensive human editorial review that it underwent along the way?
    Maybe you can show us some excerpts from early manuscripts of books from the bible and then show us some later manuscripts and explain the changes in wording and meaning to us.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Your self-righteousness does not make up for your narrow knowledge base with regard to the history of the Bible we read today. Are you aware of the extensive human editorial review that it underwent along the way? Your attitude toward the texts and belief that they are the uttered word of God indicates you are not, but no matter. You and txradioguy are still arguing in favor of the nature of marriage and Jesus' view of that institution when the question at hand is related to homosexuality and how Jesus addressed that particular sin and how he would react if invited to a gay wedding. Again, we are talking apples and oranges here and the exercise is fruitless, pardon the pun.

Look on the bright side though, Hawkgirl is buying your sermon.
    What happened to you man? You are all this serious dowdy ape now, that illness changed you.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

... Jesus addressed that particular sin and how he would react if invited to a gay wedding.
    Let me guess, had this event happened we would have a parable about turning water to lube.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Hawkgirl is buying your sermon.
    I'm certainly not buying your's.

I never expected you to.

The Chimp gets pwn3d by someone who obviously knows more about the Bible that the self proclaimed "Biblical Scholar" and that somehow equates to Mrs Smith being "self righteous"?

She's got more class in her little finger than you do and was far nicer on eviserating your silly notions about the Bible than the rest of us.

Too bad your overly self inflated egotistical view of your own alleged knowledge of the Bible won't allow you to learn or see other views outside of your own.

You might actually learn something.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Reading comprehension is clearly your strong suit, txradioguy. I have not said any of the things you claim I have, but it doesn't even matter at this point because I am done trying to have an intelligent conversation with you. You are obviously incapable of engaging in critical thinking.

Reading comprehension is clearly your strong suit, txradioguy. I have not said any of the things you claim I have, but it doesn't even matter at this point because I am done trying to have an intelligent conversation with you. You are obviously incapable of engaging in critical thinking.
    You're full of shit. Would you like me to go back and show you where you very arrogantly claimed you were a scholar of the Bible and a more enlightened thinker than myself?

It was at the same time you dared me to find passages in the Bible you claimed I couldn't that would back up the fact that Jesus didn't support homosexuality.

You kinda changed the subject about that time and pretended not to see what I posted.

I've engaged in critical thinking...the problem is I made the mistake of doing so with an egotistical SOB who is too intellectually dishonest to be of any use to the debate.

And instead of concerning the point or possibly admitting you might be wrong you just dismiss the rest of us as being too stupid to discuss the topic on your level.

What's funny about the whole thing is you're getting your ass handed to you on this very same topic on two different forums.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.