Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 187
  1. #81  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You do know the difference between the old testament and the New one? I triple dog dare you to find any New testament passage where Jesus (or his followers) say its ok to stone sinners.
    “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

    “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #82  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

    “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."
    And that would be which chapter and verse exactly?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #83  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    47,630
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And that would be which chapter and verse exactly?
    Matthew 5:18 and anyone here that choses to quote scripture should always have the courtesy to list book chapter and verse.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #84  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,132
    As a former Cubmaster and current Boy Scout leader let me say this is really no big deal. First thing the boy scouts do IS teach morality and self control. If a boy scout starts acting in a way, whether it be towards girls OR boys, they will be asked to leave scouts. The boy scouts have a serious ZERO tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior. Also, most boys when they enter scouts in the 5th or 6th grade have no interest in sex. Most don't start hitting puberty till they are 13 or 14 years old anyways.

    Now, were there will be problems is if they decide to allow gay scout leaders. Most boy scout troops are sponsored by churches, especially the Mormons, Catholics and Lutheran churches and most of these are fairly, socially conservative. You won't see a decline in scouting memberships over this particular ruling but you will if they change the leadership requirements.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #85  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    47,630
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    As a former Cubmaster and current Boy Scout leader let me say this is really no big deal. First thing the boy scouts do IS teach morality and self control. If a boy scout starts acting in a way, whether it be towards girls OR boys, they will be asked to leave scouts. The boy scouts have a serious ZERO tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior. Also, most boys when they enter scouts in the 5th or 6th grade have no interest in sex. Most don't start hitting puberty till they are 13 or 14 years old anyways.

    Now, were there will be problems is if they decide to allow gay scout leaders. Most boy scout troops are sponsored by churches, especially the Mormons, Catholics and Lutheran churches and most of these are fairly, socially conservative. You won't see a decline in scouting memberships over this particular ruling but you will if they change the leadership requirements.
    It will create a precarious situation when these gays scouts come of age(Come of age is normally a phrase meaning to become and adult, no longer a minor) and want to be scout leaders(one who leads, in charge, big cheese), will the boy scouts then kick them out after years of being boy scouts, think about it.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 06-01-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #86  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It will create a precarious situation when these gays scouts come of age and want to be scout leaders, will the boy scouts then kick them out after years of being boy scouts, think about it.
    Are we talking about adult scout leaders or teenager scout leaders? All boy scouts are required to accept leadership positions within the troop while they attend. However, once you become an adult leader than yes, if you are homosexual, you cannot become a leader.

    Now if you are talking about adult leaders, that is a different story.....However, there is no possible way for ANY adult to be alone with any boy at anytime during any scout functions. All leaders are required to attend bi-yearly their "Youth Protection" training. I think this link will help clear up some common misconceptions about the threat posed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #87  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    As a former Cubmaster and current Boy Scout leader let me say this is really no big deal. First thing the boy scouts do IS teach morality and self control. If a boy scout starts acting in a way, whether it be towards girls OR boys, they will be asked to leave scouts. The boy scouts have a serious ZERO tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior. Also, most boys when they enter scouts in the 5th or 6th grade have no interest in sex. Most don't start hitting puberty till they are 13 or 14 years old anyways.

    Now, were there will be problems is if they decide to allow gay scout leaders. Most boy scout troops are sponsored by churches, especially the Mormons, Catholics and Lutheran churches and most of these are fairly, socially conservative. You won't see a decline in scouting memberships over this particular ruling but you will if they change the leadership requirements.
    Now that the Scouts have started down the slippery slope of homosexual acceptance. Everything thing you just described above that is taught in the scouts is about to disappear.

    And anyone who tries to stop things like "morals" and "self control" from being deleted from scouting will find themselves on the outside looking in.

    Give it a couple years and then see how easily you can remove a gay scoutmaster.

    Turning a blind eye to this and saying "it will be ok nothing bad will come of this ruling" is naive and foolish.

    And you're wrong about the scout troops not voting to close that are sponsored by Churches. I know of two already...that have people from ToS involved in them that are voting to close or have already decided to close.

    Yes you can come back and say "that's only two"...but how many other church sponsored troops are voting on the very same issue as we speak that we don't hear of and we won't hear of because the media wont EVER highlight the backlash from this "brave historic" ruling.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #88  
    Never Sleeps RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    23,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't care if you do think I'm gay.
    Sorry Miss Center of Attention, I never did claim that you were gay. I could care less if you were or not.


    First you claim that I made comments about pedophiles, which I never did and now you claim I think you are gay.


    It's very hard to have any type of discussion with a dishonest person.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 06-01-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #89  
    Never Sleeps RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    23,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And in another post, you call gays "guys." Can you please slow down with your texting? I get confused when you're trying to tell me off.

    When it comes to rules, you won't a whole lot of people more hung up on fairness than I am. It's too bad you've often been too blind to see that.
    It looks better if you call someone out about typos when you don't have any of your own in the same post.

    Please slow down on your typing. I'm getting confused when you are trying to tell TXR off.....actually it's not confusing, it just proves to me what I already know about you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #90  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    It looks better if you call someone out about typos when you don't have any of your own in the same post.

    Please slow down on your typing. I'm getting confused when you are trying to tell TXR off.....actually it's not confusing, it just proves to me what I already know about you.
    LOL! Hi 5
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •