Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You can always find people to complain about healthcare. I would imagine that in Switzerland or Sweden there is someone who will declare that the system they have is impossible.

Debunking the Canadian healthcare myths: http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_12523427

I know people who went to Vietnam for dentistry. Does that mean that the US has inadequate dental care? BTW, call your dentist office out of the blue and say that you want a cleaning. If they can see you tomorrow, I'll faint.

Were you simply healthy until yesterday? In 1998 I routinely waited an hour to three hours to see the doctor at the vascular "clinic", ie private practice at Tampa General Hospital.

Doctors have been over scheduling patients for decades now. It's called "strategic understaffing" and it's the same reason you wait online to talk to a customer service rep at Verizon: to guarantee that every billable minute of every day is being used. This is why old people take those appointments in the early morning: because they are up at that time anyway and because the earlier your appointment the more likely you are to be seen somewhat close to your appointment time.

BTW- Medical groups are nothing new and have nothing to do with Obamacare. They are about making money. My GP from 1997-2000 belonged to one, and my GP since then is the managing partner of one. My current GP has a well run office which sees patients within a few minutes of their appointment time. Judging from his house and car, it pays well.

You can't staff when the reimbursements drop. That is what is happening now. The same is happening with prescription drugs. So what has been experienced in the past is getting worse, and will continue to get worse.

Dental care is totally different! Most people have very little dental insurance and dentists tend to deal with more cash patients! Here in the Southwest many people have traveled to Mexico for braces, dentures, root canals, etc. Some of them have came back with very bad infections, others have had great luck. This practice is less popular now that you need a passport, as it takes away from some of the cost savings.

If people from Canada can have their medical procedures at covered 100% in Canada, why would they be willing to pay cash to have it done someplace else? Could it be due to a waiting list? Could it be due to the long pre-approval process?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    BTW- Medical groups are nothing new and have nothing to do with Obamacare.
    The recent surge in medical groups have EVERYTHING to due with Obamacare.