1. #1 The pros and cons of vitamin supplements 
    By Mark Huffman

Millions of people take a daily vitamin pill. It starts when we're young. Pharmaceutical company Bayer has been making Flintstones vitamins for kids since the 1960s.

People with busy schedules, concerned that they don't get the daily nutrition they need from meals, often take a daily vitamin supplement. Others load up on a particular vitamin for a specific health reason.

Good idea? Maybe. Here's what the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has to say about vitamin supplements:

“If you don't eat a nutritious variety of foods, some supplements might help you get adequate amounts of essential nutrients. However, supplements can't take the place of the variety of foods that are important to a healthy diet.”
    Read More>http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/...ts-052313.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Many people will tell you that their doctor doesn't think in terms of nutrition and might not even be all that well versed in the subject. Doctors identify symptoms and prescribe pharmaceuticals to treat them as a rule.

I'm happy to say that my present doctors studied nutrition and apply it in their work. I take a lot of supplements, not ridiculous amounts, but a lot. I take :

Calcium because my bloodwork says I tend to be low. Since I started taking the calcium, my hands don't cramp up any more and leg cramps (I mean terrible screaming call 911 maybe in the middle of the night) are less frequent.

I take D because I tend to be low, and it helps with all sort of things including weight management.

I take E because I took too much L (iquor) when I was younger.

I take K so I won't rip open my arm and bleed to death from brushing up against a doorway or a Chihuahua's toenail.

I take Omega something or other with Flax and Borage oil just for good measure.

I take a B complex because I don't eat red meat.

I take C because Linus Pauling said to.

I take a very expensive "mega flora" that has to stay in the fridge because a study in Taiwan determined that pro-biotics help kidneys function.

And I take a prescription blood pressure "renal preservative".

I have no idea what all this costs every year. It would probably depress me, but it's less than going to the hospital.

I read a recent study that stated Fred Flintstone Vitamins do nothing for the takers. I take a GNC Mega Men Energy Vitapak every day. it seems to be working for me.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I read a recent study that stated Fred Flintstone Vitamins do nothing for the takers. I take a GNC Mega Men Energy Vitapak every day. it seems to be working for me.
    I don't think that current Flintstones vitamins are authentic anyway, I think the true recipe got lost in the Rubble thousands of years ago
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Pediatricians write prescriptions for multi vitamins, including the Flintstone brand name.

Kids don't always get the best diet.

This might be shocking, but they are Medicaid patients. The taxpayers pay for the vitamins.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I take E because I took too much L (iquor) when I was younger.

In all seriousness your list of supplements looks pretty good, I take a few of the same things myself.