Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Did Sen. McCain visit with Al Qaeda rebels? 
    Reality Check: Sen. McCain visits rebels in Syria, Congressman questions al-Qaeda ties

Al Nusra.

Yep he did.
    Several years back an American was indicted on the basis of several charges of Conspiracy to contribute services to Al Qaeda and Contributing services to Al Qaeda.

Wonder if McCain should be indicted for treason?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

McCain met with the head of the Syrian Free Army.

The Nusra Front is the group that has Al Qaeda ties.

The groups are considered "allies", in the sense of the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of way.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    McCain met with the head of the Syrian Free Army.

The Nusra Front is the group that has Al Qaeda ties.

The groups are considered "allies", in the sense of the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of way.
    Syrian free army is working hand in hand with Al Nusra/Al Qaeda network. Ya know.....that group that killed 3000 Americans about 11 years ago?

I seem to remember alot of talk about not covorting with terrorists over that time period too. Now McInsane is doing just that. So if you get right down too it he's negotiating with the enemy. I don't give two squirts about lesser of two enemies. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy isn't your friend.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Their groups working towards the same goal, just like the mujahideen in Afghanistan.

We supported certain groups there, we didn't others. They still fought together in terms of achieving the same goal.

But, I know your worldview on this, so I'm going to stop here because I'm not walking this path today.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Their groups working towards the same goal, just like the mujahideen in Afghanistan.

We supported certain groups there, we didn't others. They still fought together in terms of achieving the same goal.

But, I know your worldview on this, so I'm going to stop here because I'm not walking this path today.
    Ya....how'd that work out for us? The same groups we armed in Afghanistan in the 80s were fighting in Afghanistan.

My worldview is not to arm enemies. There's some really keen Live leak videos showing what these so called "rebels" are doing to people. I'll send you some links if you'd like, but there too graphic and nasty to post.

LOL. I can't believe that people justify these thugs on the basis of lesser enemy shat. Especially when there's ample evidence these people will 15 years from now will turn against us.

People like McCain and I guess you don't seem to learn lessons. Which is why he is a dying breed. Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Ya....how'd that work out for us? The same groups we armed in Afghanistan in the 80s were fighting in Afghanistan.
    Oh, that again? The Taliban didn't exist in the 80s. They were formed after the Soviets left, as a means to take down the government that formed in the aftermath of the Soviet withdrawal. They weren't the mujahedeen, they were the guys who'd hung back and waited for the opportunity to attack a weaker opponent. The Taliban was backed by the Pakistani ISI, not us.

My worldview is not to arm enemies. There's some really keen Live leak videos showing what these so called "rebels" are doing to people. I'll send you some links if you'd like, but there too graphic and nasty to post.
    Your worldview is not to engage past the borders. The rebels are Islamists, for the most part, but some elements aren't. Not that it matters, since the non-Islamist elements are in the minority and they will end up the same way that the Mensheviks did. However, the regime is also evil. There are no good guys in this fight, but if we can keep the bad guys at each others' throats for a few years, we can ensure that they waste their resources and lives against each other instead of against us.

LOL. I can't believe that people justify these thugs on the basis of lesser enemy shat. Especially when there's ample evidence these people will 15 years from now will turn against us.

People like McCain and I guess you don't seem to learn lessons. Which is why he is a dying breed. Thank God.
    There seem to be a lot of people who don't learn lessons. For example, the Assad regime is a proxy of Iran, and the conduit for weapons to Hezbollah, which has a history of murdering Americans. The collapse of the Assad regime would be a blow to both Iran and Hezbollah. That doesn't make the rebels any more palatable, but it does make them the enemy of our enemies, and it's worth our while to prolong the war so that neither side gains the upper hand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, that again? The Taliban didn't exist in the 80s. They were formed after the Soviets left, as a means to take down the government that formed in the aftermath of the Soviet withdrawal. They weren't the mujahedeen, they were the guys who'd hung back and waited for the opportunity to attack a weaker opponent. The Taliban was backed by the Pakistani ISI, not us.

Your worldview is not to engage past the borders. The rebels are Islamists, for the most part, but some elements aren't. Not that it matters, since the non-Islamist elements are in the minority and they will end up the same way that the Mensheviks did. However, the regime is also evil. There are no good guys in this fight, but if we can keep the bad guys at each others' throats for a few years, we can ensure that they waste their resources and lives against each other instead of against us.

There seem to be a lot of people who don't learn lessons. For example, the Assad regime is a proxy of Iran, and the conduit for weapons to Hezbollah, which has a history of murdering Americans. The collapse of the Assad regime would be a blow to both Iran and Hezbollah. That doesn't make the rebels any more palatable, but it does make them the enemy of our enemies, and it's worth our while to prolong the war so that neither side gains the upper hand.
    WTF?
    You think say Al Nasra/Al Qaeda is somehow better to support than Hezbollah. I say neither.

Yes. We all know you and McCain all have a great strategy that you can sum up and talk about in clear terms ad nauseum........nevermind that it is completely wrong. It is directly supporting a terror network we are actively engaged in war against.

Must Arm the Libyan rebels - American Ambassodor murdered by those rebels in Benghazi.

There's a "good idea" limit for you guys and it's been reached. Why should anyone listen to you or McCain or Twinkle Toes Lindsey Graham? Surprising part is that you want to talk about supporting ANY Islamist extremists, especially, Al Qaeda wing in Syria, since you talk about the coming of Sharia law in your sleep these days. How much faster would it come under this bunch?

Which is why an older ideal is coming back into fashion in Conservative circles..... a more sensible wing is gaining traction on issues of FP. They understand the difference between a stable regime and an unstable one. I don't have as short a memory as some and still remember when levels of intervention sensibility reigned supreme instead of unlimited intervention that destabalized entire regions.

But it seems these McCain types are ever moving into the Democratic party, so I wouldn't rule out a move there for anyone of likemindedness.

I don't think he should be charged with treason, for two reasons:

1. I don't think McCain's intent was treasonous
    and
    2. I'm guessing that someone in the Obama administration signed off on the trip-probably John Kerry or a designee. Someone other than just McCain thought it was a good idea to reach out to the Syrian rebels.

Ody vs. Moron Labe

This should be good.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ody vs. Moron Labe

This should be good.
    My money is on Ody.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.