Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Group Fails in Bid to Recall Sheriff Joe 
    A campaign to force a recall election against the polarizing sheriff of metropolitan Phoenix failed on Thursday after recall organizers said they couldn't collect enough voter signatures to bring the lawman to the ballot again.

Organizers of the recall effort against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio needed to turn in more than 335,000 valid voter signatures by 5 p.m. Thursday to force a recall election.

"It is a sad day," said recall campaign manager Lilia Alvarez. "It is a disappointment."

Recall organizers won't reveal the number of signatures they gathered. That said, the last update they gave on their numbers five weeks ago was that they gathered 200,000 signatures.

"The count at this point doesn't matter," Alvarez said in deciding not to reveal the number of signatures gathered.

Arpaio issued a statement suggesting that recall organizers aren't revealing the number of signatures they gathered because they are embarrassed by the level of their failure. "This effort failed because the good people of Maricopa County, whom I'm honored to serve, rejected the wrong-headed idea of overturning an election," Arpaio said.

Arpaio supporters say the sheriff won re-election in November fair and square and that recall organizers shouldn't have been allowed to contest the election simply because they didn't like the outcome.

The recall effort began just weeks after the 80-year-old Republican sheriff started his sixth term in January. His November re-election race marked the second closest contest in his 20-year political career. He beat the closest candidate by 6 percentage points.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...l-Ariz-sheriff
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Liberal groups will do anything to silence the conservatives.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Sonnabend kick.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sonnabend kick.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

My guess is that they actually got about 168 signatures.

What were these idiots thinking? Arpaio has won by a very overwhelming majority in every single election. This was a far bigger fool's errand than even the idiotic attempt to recall Scott Walker. I almost wish they had gotten the signatures just to see them get completely spanked like the Left did with the Walker recall effort.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Recall organizers won't reveal the number of signatures they gathered.
    Signatures, 300,000. Valid signatures, 0.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Great news!

Sonnabend
    JB: You whacked me with a negative rep for discussing this, Rock, I had resolved to leave it alone.

So either you did that out of pique, or you should have left it alone. Which is it?

I am not getting into this at all. The recall failed, fine. Happens.

Sorry but the roo has his hand full right now. Issues at home. Re Arpaio: my opinion hasnt changed, mny reasons have been stated, and in all truth we will agree to disagree on the matter.

Oh btw..Rock? Two can play that game

An Arizona citizens group will litigate the organizers of the failed recall effort against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Although progressive group Respect Arizona failed in its bid to begin a recall of Arpaio, the trial will continue--both to highlight the illegality of trying to recall an elected official inside of six months of being sworn into office and to force Respect Arizona to reveal the signatures they claim to have gathered but refuse to release.

The hearing is the result of a lawsuit filed by attorney Larry Klayman on behalf of his client, Citizens to Protect Fair Election results.

According to Klayman, Article 8, Part 1, Section 5 of Arizona's Constitution clearly bars any recall effort of an elected official within the first six months after they are sworn into office. Groups like Respect Arizona and certain "county agencies" worked for a recall anyway, so Klayman believes the hearing will serve the purpose of checking such "improper schemes" once and for all.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...iff-Joe-Arpaio