Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    My guess is that they actually got about 168 signatures.

What were these idiots thinking? Arpaio has won by a very overwhelming majority in every single election. This was a far bigger fool's errand than even the idiotic attempt to recall Scott Walker. I almost wish they had gotten the signatures just to see them get completely spanked like the Left did with the Walker recall effort.
    I wonder what % of the ones they got were from illegals?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Are there any DU threads on this? I looked but couldn't find any.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Sonnabend
    Just out of curiosity

How does a recall work anyway? I understand what it is, but little about how it works etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Just out of curiosity

How does a recall work anyway? I understand what it is, but little about how it works etc....
    Varies by state. The jist is you have to have X amount of signatures on a petition certified by the city/county/state in a certain amount of time (ex. 100,000 signatures in 60 days).

The petition is certified and the names are "verified".

Then the election process for that position starts all over again like the election that put that person in office never happened. Only it happens on a very condensed time frame...usually a month. The recalled office holder defends his seat against whom ever the sore losers decide to put up against him/her.

Either the person being recalled holds on to his/her seat or the person that runs against them in the recall wins and takes that spot for the length of the original term.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Varies by state. The jist is you have to have X amount of signatures on a petition certified by the city/county/state in a certain amount of time (ex. 100,000 signatures in 60 days).

The petition is certified and the names are "verified".

Then the election process for that position starts all over again like the election that put that person in office never happened. Only it happens on a very condensed time frame...usually a month. The recalled office holder defends his seat against whom ever the sore losers decide to put up against him/her.

Either the person being recalled holds on to his/her seat or the person that runs against them in the recall wins and takes that spot for the length of the original term.
    I don't think it's as simple as that. I believe they have to show cause for the recall. They just can't present a bunch of signatures and say "we want a recall". That would make a mockery of the entire election process.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I don't think it's as simple as that. I believe they have to show cause for the recall. They just can't present a bunch of signatures and say "we want a recall". That would make a mockery of the entire election process.
    That is also state by state and in some cases, county or city laws apply. It can be done in some locations with nothing more than the signed petition and no reason stated.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You mean like they did in Wisconsin? That's basically what happened there.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.