View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This is the running for the must ridiculous thread of the year.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

You're poll is flawed... So I cannot answer it. Sorry, it appears that you are trying to box in your own opinion...

What kind of homosexuals? Militant, bullying types like what's his name Savage? The types that want to change teachings and scriptures to mean what THEY want them to mean?

Or are you talking about the ones who wish a true relationship with Jesus?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You're poll is flawed... So I cannot answer it. Sorry, it appears that you are trying to box in your own opinion...

What kind of homosexuals? Militant, bullying types like what's his name Savage? The types that want to change teachings and scriptures to mean what THEY want them to mean?

Or are you talking about the ones who wish a true relationship with Jesus?
    I'm talking about gays who are in the church building. What do you mean by bullying? If you mean literally getting into somebody's face, then yeah, kick them out. If you mean somebody trying to push their agenda in the church, then I suppose they could fall under the category. Keep in mind my third option of "Yes, but they can't be an official church member." Only official church members would be able to have influence regarding the agenda push, and that only goes but so far. The preacher decides what he'll preach (unless they're Catholic and then it's decided by somebody above the priest's head what the homily will be).

Keep in mind that most people who go to church know where they're at. I may be a liberal, but I leave my politics at the door. I'll listen to others talk about how homosexuality is a sin and not say a word. I would think a gay person attending a conservative church on a regular basis might be behaving in a similar fashion. They know whose house they're in. If they don't like it, they can go find a church with more liberal ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm talking about gays who are in the church building.
    Will you make them enter through the back door?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

With 84 views and only one person answering the poll, I have to sadly believe I might just have my answer. Sometimes, no answer is an answer. Seriously, where I come from (red country), this isn't even a debate.

With 84 views and only one person answering the poll, I have to sadly believe I might just have my answer. Sometimes, no answer is an answer. Seriously, where I come from (red country), this isn't even a debate.
    Your answer is here in print, you chose to ignore it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's a serious question. I'd like serious answers.
    I'm not a churchgoer, but no, it isn't really a serious question. I makes a bunch of wild assumptions about "The Church" like we were all living before the Reformation, but then talks about some other "Liberal church." If a particular church's doctrine condemns homos, and the homos in it have no intention whatsoever of forsaking their kinks, then yes, they should get out of it and find something that has a moral bar they can actually get over instead of staying there and telling everyone how the doctrine must be wrong because it doesn't take their particular perversion into account and bless it as 'Normal.'

I'm talking about gays who are in the church building. What do you mean by bullying? If you mean literally getting into somebody's face, then yeah, kick them out. If you mean somebody trying to push their agenda in the church, then I suppose they could fall under the category. Keep in mind my third option of "Yes, but they can't be an official church member." Only official church members would be able to have influence regarding the agenda push, and that only goes but so far. The preacher decides what he'll preach (unless they're Catholic and then it's decided by somebody above the priest's head what the homily will be).

Keep in mind that most people who go to church know where they're at. I may be a liberal, but I leave my politics at the door. I'll listen to others talk about how homosexuality is a sin and not say a word. I would think a gay person attending a conservative church on a regular basis might be behaving in a similar fashion. They know whose house they're in. If they don't like it, they can go find a church with more liberal ideas.
    You didn't answer my question. Are you referring to militant gays, those who will pervert and twist the Scripture to suit their own ends. Or are you asking about those who want to be closer to the Lord?
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I already told you why I can't respond to your poll. It comes in a boxed format, there's a response missing.

No, not if they are truly seeking the Lord Jesus Christ. If that had been an option, I would've answered you...
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

unless its a scumbag liberal church, then practicing homosexuals should be kicked out. no matter how many laws are made homosexuality will always be a sin
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly