View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The murderer obviously has to be taken off of the streets for the protection of others. I'm all for their attending services in prison or once they've served their time.

An adulterer who is propositioning somebody in church should be dealt with. Suppose this is a gay person who isn't propositioning anybody for sex and obviously aren't murdering anybody. Can they stay or do we need to be lead back to the path of self-righteousness?
    The last sentence makes this post unanswerable, do you still horsewhip your boyfriend?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This isn't about repentant homosexuals this is about allowing open practice of sodomy, be honest toots!
    Sodomy? Do you mean for homosexuals, heterosexuals, or both?

This is about allowing somebody who is gay to still attend. There's a number of reasons why the gay person might be there.

Perhaps they grew up there.

Perhaps their parents taken them there every week.

Perhaps they prefer the denomination they grew up with or have grown to like.

Perhaps they actually do want to stop, but don't know how.

It could be a number of things. It could be a repentant or an unrepentant homosexual, who really isn't no worse than somebody who got divorced and remarried according to the bible. Those people are allowed to stay.

So, would your answer really be no?

Silly silly little girl plays silly silly little games.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Sodomy? Do you mean for homosexuals, heterosexuals, or both?

This is about allowing somebody who is gay to still attend. There's a number of reasons why the gay person might be there.

Perhaps they grew up there.

Perhaps their parents taken them there every week.

Perhaps they prefer the denomination they grew up with or have grown to like.

Perhaps they actually do want to stop, but don't know how.

It could be a number of things. It could be a repentant or an unrepentant homosexual, who really isn't no worse than somebody who got divorced and remarried according to the bible. Those people are allowed to stay.

So, would your answer really be no?
    You haven't asked a real question.

The last sentence makes this post unanswerable, do you still horsewhip your boyfriend?
    It just seems like some people here are more about self-righteousness, hypocrisy (if they're for divorce and remarriage), and willful ignorance than they are about Jesus.

I know plenty of people who think homosexuality is a sin, but would never be as hateful, disgusting, and as self-righteous as some of the people on here.

It was a Wesleyan church where I was taught that homosexuality was a sin and that homosexuals shouldn't marry. It was also a Wesleyan church where I was taught that it would be wrong to fire somebody just for being gay. It is also the Wesleyan church I attended, the Baptist church I attended beforehand, and the Catholic church I attend now that teaches that people (even sinners) should be treated as human beings as not as maggets. I suppose if I got caught with a woman, I might get told by the priest not to take communion until I repent (not the same as being told not to attend mass). I might also get told that if I start telling the boy scouts over there how they're an immoral organization and how they're going to have child molesters soon.

I don't understand how some (not just one, but some) here can claim Christianity when they don't want to treat their fellow human beings like they're human. It's not just an issue of my being liberal. I didn't grow up like this at all. In the Christianity that I grew up in, you just didn't treat people hate hateful as I see people on here doing. In the Christianity I grew up in, people didn't get kicked out of the church for sinning. Church was seen as the place for sinners. The churches I grew up in were still conservative (against homosexuality, abortion, divorce, adultery, etc), but they weren't hateful.

Should churches declare that homosexual acts are no longer a sin, this is what Lanie's question is.
    We can't do that, it is Gods decision. Lanie, go poll God.

And Rock, I don't appreciate you trying to hijack the thread to keep people from answering. I want an answer, even if they only take the poll. I don't want to hear it being compared to accusing one of beating their wife. I think I've been given sufficient reason to seriously ask this question.

Should churches declare that homosexual acts are no longer a sin, this is what Lanie's question is.
    We can't do that, it is Gods decision. Lanie, go poll God.
    That's not my question. You're just being dishonest now.

People who have pre-marital sex are still allowed to attend church services, even after people realize what's going on. Why can't gays?

Being in favor of allowing gays to attend your church does not mean declaring homosexuality as okay or not a sin.

If it is your church do whatever you like. If it's Gods church you will have to ask him.

Fly on spaghetti monster, fly on!!!!!