View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You didn't answer my question. Are you referring to militant gays, those who will pervert and twist the Scripture to suit their own ends. Or are you asking about those who want to be closer to the Lord?

I'm asking about those who want to be closer to the Lord. They might interpret the scripture differently than some others or they might be struggling with what they believe to be a sin, but they want to be closer to the Lord.

The exception of course is the kid being taken to church by their parents. They may or may not want to be closer to the Lord.

I suppose another exception might be a gay person going to church with their opposite gender spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Your answer is here in print, you chose to ignore it.
    You're right.

I want to thank Apache and the other person who responded to my poll for considering the grace option or the idea that the gay person might want to be closer to God.

To others who don't believe in acting like a Christian toward sinners, you're not right.

For those who didn't want to respond, but may agree with Apache or me, you're as guilty as they are for not ever speaking up.

This world really has gone to Hell in a hand basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You're right.

I want to thank Apache and the other person who responded to my poll for considering the grace option or the idea that the gay person might want to be closer to God.

To others who don't believe in acting like a Christian toward sinners, you're not right.

For those who didn't want to respond, but may agree with Apache or me, you're as guilty as they are for not ever speaking up.

lol so I am not a good Christian because I don't condone ongoing sin? Sorry that doesn't wash, if fags are in an open relationship then they are thumbing their noses at God. I am by no means obligated to condone such behavior and it doesn't make me any less a Christian.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Let me see here, up until recent times no churches condoned homosexuality this is a fairly recent development that in the not to distant past was unheard of yet you tell us that we are going to hell in a hand basket for your new non biblical liberal view points.
    You are so completely full of crap that it is unbelievable.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster

Should gays be forced to leave the church?
    What church forced gays to leave?

While I wait for your answer you should know that in the Catholic Church a single gay woman can participate in all the sacraments that a single straight woman can. The RCC does not exclude you from Church, Mass or the Sacraments because you are homosexual.
    Be Not Afraid.

If gays are afraid of being kicked out of church they could always start their own.

I've never belonged to nor regularly attended any church that would kick someone out for being gay. Obviously, the UMC church I attend on Sundays wouldn't do that. I also found out recently that neither will the evangelical megachurch I attend on Saturday nights, although they don't condone it, either.

When I was in college, someone I knew from IVCF was telling me about how his church at home kicked a woman out for sleeping around. I asked "did she sleep with the pastor, or with other members of the church" and he said no, the elders found out she had an affair or something. It was an ugly, public thing where she was "read out of the church" at a service. My friend, a male, seemed to take pleasure in having witnessed the read-out proceedings, which struck me as very un-Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    lol so I am not a good Christian because I don't condone ongoing sin? Sorry that doesn't wash, if fags are in an open relationship then they are thumbing their noses at God. I am by no means obligated to condone such behavior and it doesn't make me any less a Christian.
    I get the same thing. The people who neglect the six sections of the bible where it says that homosexuality is an abomination and judge people who aren't agreeing to it because it is a sin are nothing but fake Christian hypocrites. To be a 'Real' Christian, you have to take the bible at what it says and follow it. Not twist it and turn it to be what you think it should be by taking sections you don't agree with out. Which is exactly what the stupid liberals do on a constant basis.

Of course that is after they show their ignorance of the bible by taking one sentence and throwing it in our face.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This isn't about repentant homosexuals this is about allowing open practice of sodomy, be honest toots!
    Well, they should certainly leave if they are committing sodomy, and not come back until they've gotten their clothes back on. It's not appropriate do be doing that during services.

In terms of the OP, the issue is whether the church must accommodate persons who flout its teachings. That's got to be up to the church. Membership in any private organization is up to the organization. Now, if you are asking if a gay person can still be a good member of a religion, the answer has to come from the doctrine of the religion. In Judaism, Leviticus is pretty specific about God's position on homosexuality, so an orthodox synagogue would almost certainly have a problem with an openly gay member, while a reform synagogue would be very welcoming (unless the person voted Republican, in which case they'd expel him immediately, and in conservative Judaism, as long as you don't wear white after Labor Day, they pretty much don't care about what you do in your bedroom).
    Last edited by Odysseus; 06-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!