View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Should gays be forced to leave the church?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    If gays are afraid of being kicked out of church they could always start their own.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What church forced gays to leave?

While I wait for your answer you should know that in the Catholic Church a single gay woman can participate in all the sacraments that a single straight woman can. The RCC does not exclude you from Church, Mass or the Sacraments because you are homosexual.
    WBC? lol.

It was a hypothetical question for posters who I feared the worst about, and I was right. Why are my bad instincts often right? I was really hoping to be proven wrong and not right. In reality, probably 99% percent of churches will have no problem with a homosexual in their pews so long as they don't disrupt the service.

As for your comment about the RCC, I didn't know that. I did know that they're okay with homosexuals and other people who are different from the rest attending. And those different people know the deal. Somehow, their allowing people different from them from attending mass hasn't changed their socially conservative doctrine. Good-night.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've never belonged to nor regularly attended any church that would kick someone out for being gay. Obviously, the UMC church I attend on Sundays wouldn't do that. I also found out recently that neither will the evangelical megachurch I attend on Saturday nights, although they don't condone it, either.

When I was in college, someone I knew from IVCF was telling me about how his church at home kicked a woman out for sleeping around. I asked "did she sleep with the pastor, or with other members of the church" and he said no, the elders found out she had an affair or something. It was an ugly, public thing where she was "read out of the church" at a service. My friend, a male, seemed to take pleasure in having witnessed the read-out proceedings, which struck me as very un-Christian.
    I wonder if the same churches would allow an openly gay person become a member of the church? Attending and membership are two different things. In most cases I doubt it would matter. Just not sure if the "openness" would make a difference.

As far as the person being "read out of the church" that sounds silly and a invasion of several people's privacy. I have heard of the Jehovah Witness places doing things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    With 84 views and only one person answering the poll, I have to sadly believe I might just have my answer. Sometimes, no answer is an answer. Seriously, where I come from (red country), this isn't even a debate.
    The only answer is that your poll is a trap and we all know it. Sorry for not falling into it....then again, no I'm not.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

A homosexual can be part of the church. A practicing homosexual on the other-hand, can not.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

This is the dumbest poll I've read here so far. Lanie is trying to play a game of "Ahhhhh HAAAAAAAAA! I GOT YA!"

I will answer the question honestly, as a Catholic, as a believer. There are mortal sins and there are venial sins. A serious, grave or mortal sin is the knowing and willful violation of God's law in a serious matter, for example, idolatry, adultery, murder. Mortal sin is called mortal because it is the "spiritual" death of the soul (separation from God). Catholics who commit mortal sins are not allowed to receive the Eucharist unless they confess and repent. That does not mean they cannot go to Church, but they can not receive Christ. Venial sins are slight sins. They do not break our friendship with God, although they injure it. You can judge for yourself which degree of sin practicing homosexuality falls under. They can go to Church, but should they receive the Eucharist if their lifestyle/acts sit in direct conflict of the teachings of the Bible? The Catholic church does not check sexual orientation at the door when you attend Mass; nor do they ask if you are an adulterer. Entering a Church is a personal decision. It's a private relationship between you and God.

WBC? lol.
    Lanie, they're not Christian. They're not a Church. They are a bunch of crazy people. Trying to have a serious discussion about something and then mentioning those kooks kind of kills the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    As for your comment about the RCC, I didn't know that. I did know that they're okay with homosexuals and other people who are different from the rest attending. And those different people know the deal.
    There isn't really any deal to know. If a person is gay or straight, they can participate in the sacraments. Like HG said, it's when you cross the line into sin when it becomes a problem. If you were boinking a married man you shouldn't go to Communion. If two single gay dudes are boinking each other, they shouldn't go either.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I wonder if the same churches would allow an openly gay person become a member of the church? Attending and membership are two different things. In most cases I doubt it would matter. Just not sure if the "openness" would make a difference.

As far as the person being "read out of the church" that sounds silly and a invasion of several people's privacy. I have heard of the Jehovah Witness places doing things like that.
    The UMC, being the United Methodist Church, is pretty cool about it. There are some issues at the national level, but not at the local church level in a liberal, inner-city congregation.

The evangelical megachurch's attitude frankly surprised me. I like their Bible teaching and I enjoy the services for the music and the message, and I enjoy the opportunities to serve the community that they offer. I always figured it was a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of place, though. I found out from someone I know who is staff that openly gay people are allowed to be members, allowed to volunteer in everything but certain age groups in the kids' ministry (middle and high school-"we're just not going there with the kids as a group").

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    And Rock, I don't appreciate you trying to hijack the thread to keep people from answering. I want an answer, even if they only take the poll. I don't want to hear it being compared to accusing one of beating their wife. I think I've been given sufficient reason to seriously ask this question.
    I'll give you an answer: If I had a child living in my home who announced his/her homosexuality I would kick them out of my home. If I had a child living on their own who announced his/her homosexuality they would no longer be welcome in my home.

I believe that you can extrapolate an answer concerning Boy Scouts, churches, etc. from here.

FWIW, I don't compromise my convictions, libtard and I won't cave in to political correctness, pop culture, communism, the homosexual agenda, etcetera, etcetera. You and your 'progressive' pals can kiss both sides of my white ass.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Resident Grump
    To others who don't believe in acting like a Christian toward sinners, you're not right.

For those who didn't want to respond, but may agree with Apache or me, you're as guilty as they are for not ever speaking up.

This world really has gone to Hell in a hand basket.
    Get stuffed, Lanie. I am not answering a loaded "poll" that looks like a DU manifesto.

You have all the answers you need in this thread. You're a DUmmie, you're a nong, and quite frankly, you can take your libtard gay agenda and shove it. Post a poll with some real answers as an option and I may surprise you.I am not guilty of a bloody thing, and anyone who took one look at that "poll" would see it for what it is,

"If you dont answer this poll and like what I do you hate gays"

"If you didnt vote for Obama its because he's black"

Sod off, swampy.

Reb: Texas Fred boasted how he and his family abandoned a family member who died alone. You have your values, I have mine, and gay or not, no matter the circumstances, whether I agreed with his lifestyle or not, he or she is still family, and I would never leave a family member like that.

Blood is still blood, and whatever I may think about who or what he is, compassion and simple humanity for me means that I'd be at his bedside, regardless. Dont care what you think of me, but doing that to someone is to me, the lowest of the low..and my conscience would never rest. You may call me what you like...but simple human compassion is what defines us as human beings.

And I will never abandon someone in their last hours. Whether you approve, being gay pales into insignificance to that kind of callous disregard.

Family is family. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-11-2013 at 10:38 PM.