View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I remember that story. It's interesting how people say "No one deserves to die alone" but so many people do. And the older population skews female, which means a lot of older women die alone.
    I think my grandma was lucky to be in a good nursing home-they called my grandpa to come be with her when it was medically obvious that she was dying (she was there a long time). My mom and uncles were with grandpa when he died.

Then there was my poor one-time coworker who didn't show up one Monday morning, so they sent a crew out to her house to see if she was okay. She had fallen down the stairs, broke her neck and died, all alone.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think my grandma was lucky to be in a good nursing home-they called my grandpa to come be with her when it was medically obvious that she was dying (she was there a long time). My mom and uncles were with grandpa when he died.

Then there was my poor one-time coworker who didn't show up one Monday morning, so they sent a crew out to her house to see if she was okay. She had fallen down the stairs, broke her neck and died, all alone.
    Everybody dies alone.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If sinners weren't allowed to join the church, there would be no church. The problem is when they come in and try to change the rules. Sometimes I'm floored by the things that come out of Christians' mouths in defense of things like homosexuality and gay marriage. It makes the rest of us looks like idiots and they may as well toss the gospel message out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Everybody dies alone.
    Unless you die in an airliner crash. Then you usually have plenty of company.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sonnabend
    Unless you die in an airliner crash. Then you usually have plenty of company.
    Thanks, Zathras..that's a great comfort

I remember that story. It's interesting how people say "No one deserves to die alone" but so many people do. And the older population skews female, which means a lot of older women die alone.
    Okay, so a lot of people die alone and shouldn't. I think it's our responsibility as family and friends of said person try to make sure that doesn't happen. I've slightly felt bad because me and mom were out of the room when my dad died (they were trying to save him, and I was in denial that it was that serious already. We had to leave the room in any case).

I wish the worse problem in my family was homosexuality. Heck, one of my cousin's is a witch (no seriously, a witch), and that's the least offensive thing I find in her. We're all sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I wish the worse problem in my family was homosexuality. Heck, one of my cousin's is a witch (no seriously, a witch), and that's the least offensive thing I find in her. We're all sinners.
    Being a witch is a bit more than being your average sinner. What does she do as a witch?

Being a witch is a bit more than being your average sinner. What does she do as a witch?
    She turned me into a newt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    She turned me into a newt.
    A newt????
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    A newt????
    I got better ...