View Poll Results: Should gays be allowed to stay in your church?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because we need to teach people about grace.

4 50.00%
  • No, because allowing gays to stay will promote homosexuality.

2 25.00%
  • Yes, but they shouldn't be allowed to be an official member.

1 12.50%
  • Gays are okay, just kick out the liberals. (fun slot, didn't want to leave blank).

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I got better....
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    She turned me into a newt.

That's all? She didn't cause your crops to fail? She didn't turn your cow's milk sour? She didn't send a Scottish King and his wife on a mass murder spree?

Not much of a witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Being a witch is a bit more than being your average sinner. What does she do as a witch?
    I have no idea, and I'm not sure I want to know. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I have no idea, and I'm not sure I want to know. lol.
    When I practiced Wicca, I once sort of cast a spell that made my obnoxious boss impotent, although my intention was just to get him to leave me alone .

He thought the Rogaine caused it.

Yes they should.

Next dumb question?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Couldn't you leave that up to a.) The gays in the church and/or b.) The individual church community?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Couldn't you leave that up to a.) The gays in the church and/or b.) The individual church community?
    If the church is following the Bible like they should then it's not up to a vote.

The Scriptures are clear. What you want is for a church to deny doctrine and the Bible to accept an agenda and a lifestyle that is a sin. If a church looks the other way at sin then it stops being a church in the Biblical sense.

Again your advocating forcing people to accept something they don't want to.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Of course. I would never want anybody from the outside involved (if you mean government).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's all? She didn't cause your crops to fail? She didn't turn your cow's milk sour? She didn't send a Scottish King and his wife on a mass murder spree?

Not much of a witch.
    But does she weigh the same as a duck?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If the church is following the Bible like they should then it's not up to a vote.

The Scriptures are clear. What you want is for a church to deny doctrine and the Bible to accept an agenda and a lifestyle that is a sin. If a church looks the other way at sin then it stops being a church in the Biblical sense.

Again your advocating forcing people to accept something they don't want to.

No, they wouldn't have to change ideology. The preacher would still preach the same ideology against homosexuality. If the homosexual didn't like it, they could leave and go to a church of a more liberal leaning (or don't go to one at all). Same thing goes for somebody who has gotten a divorce, got re-married, is living with somebody who is not their spouse, is gambling, is drinking (and the denomination is against drinking, yes it exists), a Catholic taking birth control, etc. The person can sit in the pews and go to Sunday School. If they don't like what they're hearing, then they can leave. Otherwise, they can get over it. Does that sound like less of a threat yet?

Oh, and all Gen suggested was that it be between the church and the congregant. That's the total opposite of having people force them to do anything.