Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Linda, you are adorable. Really!

Never tell your real age darlin' ... I, personally am a tad older than Chris Murphy of Connecticut!

That said ... I'll bet money on Christie putting in a Democrat to take his place. Something is afoot here. I can smell it. He, Christie is far too chummy with Mr. O these days.

V-e-r-r-ry interesting! We shall see. Hope I am wrong.

~ ABC
    I've never understood the "taboo" about a woman's age. I've never minded any age I have been, and I don't know why I ever would. :)
    No, Christie will definitely appoint a Republican, although what New Jersey considers a Republican may not match what is considered Republican in other parts of the country.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I've never understood the "taboo" about a woman's age. I've never minded any age I have been, and I don't know why I ever would. :)
    Linda, one more off topic post, then outta here.

Age is strictly a "number" and can be a beastly one at that, ... if you acknowledge it as you get older ... you will start to feel and give in to it as you go along.

I truly believe, barring any dreadful disease or disabling infirmity, that you are only as old as you allow yourself to feel.

While I am no spring chicken, nor do I consider myself to be a ditzy airhead ... I still enjoy being a bit of a flirt, wearing feminine clothing, painting my nails, spritzing on perfume, and going out and having fun with our friends.

On topic again, while still in here ...

Although I have sympathy for his family members re his loss, I have to agree with Bailey:

I have nothing nice to say about the bum, he was installed into the senate by breaking NJ election law.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

He ain't doing either----

The primary election for the Senate seat will be held on Aug. 13, Christie said.

“I firmly believe that the decisions that needs to be made are too great to be determined by an appointee for a period of 18 months,” he said. “We must allow our citizens to have their say.”
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    He ain't doing either----

The primary election for the Senate seat will be held on Aug. 13, Christie said.

“I firmly believe that the decisions that needs to be made are too great to be determined by an appointee for a period of 18 months,” he said. “We must allow our citizens to have their say.”
    Translation: I don't have enough of Obama's jizz in my throat and need more.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.