Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's the Republicans who voted it down. I'm not in the mood for you today, you insufferable asshole.

BULLSHIT!

The DEMS have the power to vote this through without ANY REPUBLICAN support.

KISS MY ASS!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It's the Republicans who voted it down. I'm not in the mood for you today, you insufferable asshole.
    But it was your party that caused the problem in the first place you liberal Idiot .And as for Calling other people Assholes have you looked around at a mirror lately old woman !

Without the praise to the Almighty, I agree. It's going to take time, and our investments have been moved to a safe place as of this morning. But this is a nightmare we didn't have to have.
    A couple of things...number 1, th democrats in Congress had the majority needed to push this through. They were just as big a chicken shits as the Republicans that voted for it. They weren't willing to drop off the cliff by themselves. If this had been any other issue, the response would have been "We don't need you".

Secondly, we did have to have this nightmare. It has been years in coming, and the sooner the better. Once the pain is gone, it is over with. We will be so much better off after all this is over with.

Power CUer
    I am not a Democrat. You are wrong about nearly everything, and that is one more. Have a nice day, and contract a terminal disease at your earliest opportunity. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    BULLSHIT!

The DEMS have the power to vote this through without ANY REPUBLICAN support.

KISS MY ASS!
    Ample no votes came from both the Democratic and Republican sides of the aisle.
    I am eager to see the breakdown.

92 Dems voted against

Over 90 Democrats voted against it.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Over 90 Democrats voted against it.
    And 132 Republicans at last count. That doesn't change his being an insufferable asshole.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26884523/

Ample no votes came from both the Democratic and Republican sides of the aisle. More than two-thirds of Republicans and 40 percent of Democrats opposed the bill.
    Edited to add: I had this window open for awhile and didn't see everyone else's reply that basically said the same thing. Sorry.

Apparently the calls and emails were so overwhelmingly against the bailout that lots of dems caved too.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    "We're all worried about losing our jobs," Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., declared in an impassioned speech in support of the bill before the vote. "Most of us say, 'I want this thing to pass, but I want you to vote for it -- not me.' "

Wimps. There are no incumbents on my ballot this November; I wish there were. :mad: