Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "We're all worried about losing our jobs," Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., declared in an impassioned speech in support of the bill before the vote. "Most of us say, 'I want this thing to pass, but I want you to vote for it -- not me.' "

Wimps. There are no incumbents on my ballot this November; I wish there were. :mad:
    The Dow is down 570.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    And 132 Republicans at last count. That doesn't change his being an insufferable asshole.
    Being insufferable to you is like being in a state of grace to me you old wretch.
    You have a very nasty disposition old woman and should attempt to improve your very foul image !I am truly sorry that your Far left liberal Non-Democrat Party screwed up your retirement plans but there's always S.S. unless they have already emptied that by the short time until you reach seventy !

Obama says he will make sure "this thing" is forced through.

Nancy Pelosi got up to speak at about 12:20. She then proceed to say it was all Bush's and the Republican's fault. http://www.breitbart.tv/html/184803.html
    Probably not the smartest move.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    That's pretty much all she ever says.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Obama says he will make sure "this thing" is forced through.
    That's a great campaign strategy with over three quarters of America against this far left liberal bag job ! Watch Obama's numbers drop like a stones when people read his position !That poor bastard doesn't stand a chance with all of this Liberal bad news

On the bright side, we'll find out if Paulson is really that smart. He said without the bail-out the world would come to an end as we know it. I guess we'll find out if he knows what he's talking about.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

It's the Republicans who voted it down. I'm not in the mood for you today, you insufferable asshole.
    Aren't there 235 Democrats in the House?

Power CUer
    I think 90 voted against. None of this changes Megi being an insufferable asshole. That's a constant.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think 90 voted against. None of this changes Megi being an insufferable asshole. That's a constant.
    So you agree that it was not the Republicans' doing, but the Democrats? Since they have enough members to pass whatever they want, their failure to get their own members on board is the cause of its failure, not the opposing party, yes?