Thread: Chris Christie's Lautenberg Dilemma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chris Christie's Lautenberg Dilemma 
    Elspeth Reeve 1:05 PM ET

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie can name a successor for Frank Lautenberg, who died at the age of 89 on Monday, becoming the 299th Senator to pass away in office. But it's yet another moment when what's good for Christie in 2013 might not be good for him in 2016. Christie, after all, is a Republican running a state that voted for President Obama by almost 18 points. "Replacing a Democrat with a Democrat and then saying the voters should decide what happens next in November would no doubt be very well-received by Democrats and moderates," The Washington Post's Sean Sullivan writes. But that would mean Republicans who are already annoyed with Christie and his Obama-hugging antics would disown him.

To understand the difficult position Christie's in, look at these two tweets: "What lucky Democrat will Democrat Chris Christie appoint to Sen. Frank Lautenberg's seat?" conservative thriller author Brad Thor asks. Salon's Joan Walsh adds: "Hey Dem donors giving to Chris Christie: will you rethink if he picks a Republican to replace Lautenberg?"
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...acement/65826/
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

He will appoint a Dem and ruin any chance he ever has of being Pres. Everyone knows he is a RINO, soon he will switch parties anyhow.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Cristie cream-puff will do what any good dem would do ... who also wants republican votes.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Cristie cream-puff will do what any good dem would do ... who also wants republican votes.
    Christie is no cream puff. He's been using state workers as his personal chew toy ever since he got elected.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

I was over at politico and all the dems are saying to the effect, in memory of LOUTenburg Crispy Cream should appoint a Dem lol I wonder if the situation were reversed would they say it should be a republican?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I was over at politico and all the dems are saying to the effect, in memory of LOUTenburg Crispy Cream should appoint a Dem lol I wonder if the situation were reversed would they say it should be a republican?
    Of course not. Christy's pick will have a tough election, as Jersey hasn't elected a Republican senator since 1972. If the left demands a Democrat (and they will, Christy should pick the most vulnerable Democrat that he can find, someone like Bob Torricelli, who would be toxic in the next election.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Of course not. Christy's pick will have a tough election, as Jersey hasn't elected a Republican senator since 1972. If the left demands a Democrat (and they will, Christy should pick the most vulnerable Democrat that he can find, someone like Bob Torricelli, who would be toxic in the next election.
    Unfortunately Cristie Cream cares nothing about anyone or anything but ... himself. He is one of the MOST self serving politicians to date.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

He'll pick a RINO, and said RINO will later get defeated in the election by Cory Booker.

Unfortunately Cristie Cream cares nothing about anyone or anything but ... himself. He is one of the MOST self serving politicians to date.

Correction, Obama is!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    He's just typical of most politicians these days, including 0blowme. They are more concerned with their own political careers than the people they supposedly serve.

The individual states need to dissolve their ties with the welfare/warfare state. Once the federal monarchy disolves into nothingness, then the sovernign states/republics can decide if they want to form some sort of compact and what the rules of that compact would be. It is imperative that if we are to survive as free people we must eradicate the current system of 535 people controlling the lives of 300+ million. Besides being unrepublican, it is unsustainable.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ