Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Either that or all full time employees will now be reduced to part time (30 hours or less) and Walmart will not hire people full time in California ever again.
    The two Walmarts I went to in California (Oakland and San Leandro) were the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think that it is far better for the person and the taxpayers when people who receive welfare benefits get jobs.

It is healthier for people to work for money and eliminate the cash benefit part of welfare, if the person isn't disabled to the point that work is not practical. That way, the only assistance the person is receiving is Medicaid and Food Stamps/EBT. It saves the taxpayers a lot of money that way, and some of the people eventually get better jobs as time goes on and get off of welfare.
    Working a few hours a week at Wal Mart will help that family that is only receiving EBT & Medicaid receive a very large EIC benefit during the tax season.

I know families that receive an $8000 check from the IRS every spring that don't pay one dime in federal income tax.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Working a few hours a week at Wal Mart will help that family that is only receiving EBT & Medicaid receive a very large EIC benefit during the tax season.

I know families that receive an $8000 check from the IRS every spring that don't pay one dime in federal income tax.
    I have a stack of yard signs in my garage which advertise tax refunds for parasites. I drove around pulling them up one night during tax season.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have a stack of yard signs in my garage which advertise tax refunds for parasites. I drove around pulling them up one night during tax season.
    Nice admission of vandalism there DUmbass.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Nice admission of vandalism there DUmbass.
    Actually, removing illegal signs by the side of the road is no more illegal than picking up any other litter.

You must look up the concept of authoritative sources some time. Seriously. The Kos article was a collection of union talking points, Alan Grayson is a crank with zero

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Gee, you left out moveon.org, the huffpo, and media matters. And you're relying on Alan Grayson? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Can you find a bigger stooge?
    You beat me to it.

The two Walmarts I went to in California (Oakland and San Leandro) were the worst.
    Imagine how much worse things will be when they pull out. Vacant lots aren't known for their customer service or product choices.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Actually, removing illegal signs by the side of the road is no more illegal than picking up any other litter.
    So NOW they're "illegal"? Nice back track there genius.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    So NOW they're "illegal"? Nice back track there genius.
    It's not a back track; it was reasonable for the reader to assume that if I rode around collecting signs that they obviously were not of the permanent, legal, and on the property of the business type signs. Surely this problem exists where you live as well.

"House for sale cash only 555-1234"

"We buy junk cars 555-2342"

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You must look up the concept of authoritative sources some time. Seriously. The Kos article was a collection of union talking points, Alan Grayson is a crank with zero
    Ah , yes, doing your impression of a DUer, I see. Just as one doesn't expect to find truthful articles about illegal immigration from the New York Times, one doesn't expect to find truthful articles about labor and Walmart from Town Hall dot com. I don't know why, it's simply the way it is.

Ah , yes, doing your impression of a DUer, I see. Just as one doesn't expect to find truthful articles about illegal immigration from the New York Times, one doesn't expect to find truthful articles about labor and Walmart from Town Hall dot com. I don't know why, it's simply the way it is.
    Yes, but there are sources that are not, shall we say, completely insane or partisan? For example, an article on welfare for WalMart employees might come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, or at least cite it, or perhaps they could go to the USDA and see how many WalMart employees receive food assistance. The articles contain no objective information, just assertions by partisans, with no supporting factual evidence. The "studies" cited by KOS were done by groups that have an obvious leftist slant, and have no credibility. Even when some of the articles cited evidence, they spun it. For example, one Berkeley study claimed that WalMart employees cost the state of California billions of dollars in "safety net" programs, but made no mention of the fact that those programs are ridiculously easy to sign on to and that the state encourages gainfully employed people to do so. Thus, the study is complaining that the state, which has dangled these programs out in an attempt to foster dependency on government, has succeeded in getting employed people to take the bait. That's not an indictment of WalMart, but of Gerry Brown.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!