Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Susan Rice to replace Donilon as national security adviser 

A White House official says Tom Donilon is resigning as President Obama's national security adviser and will be replaced by Susan Rice.

Rice is currently the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. She has been harshly criticized by Republicans for her initial accounting of the attacks on a U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, which later proved to be incorrect.

Donilon's resignation marks a significant shakeup for Obama's national security team.

The official insisted on anonymity in order to discuss the personnel changes before they were publicly announced.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...urity-adviser/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wow.

I'm shocked an incompetent was given a promotion by another incompetent.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Wow.

It's how the Libs work SR. Fuck up move up. They don't ever rid themselves of incompetent people...they promote them to higher offices.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

And it keeps getting better! *face palm*

AP source: Obama to name Samantha Power to UN post

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-obam...9RcUsAj8rQtDMD

Power has a long record of antipathy towards Israel. In 2001 she attended the United Nations' World Conference Against Racism (in Durban, South Africa), even after the U.S. had withdrawn most of its diplomatic participation once it became apparent that the gathering would give prominence to anti-American, anti-Israel, and anti-Semitic perspectives.

Just months later, during a 2002 interview with Harry Kreisler, director of the Institute for International Studies at UC Berkeley, Power said that even if it meant “alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import” (i.e., Jewish Americans), the United States should stop investing “billions of dollars” in “servicing Israel’s military” and invest the money instead “in the new state of Palestine.” Moreover, she accused Israel of perpetrating "major human-rights abuses" and "war crimes."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2379

2016 can't get here fast enough.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Wow.

I don't think that the administration ever thinks anything through. This appointment means that Rice will have to sit through a senate confirmation hearing, which means that the administration has just given senate Republicans carte blanche to dig through Benghazi and demand to know what Rice knew and when she knew it, and who in the administration was feeding her talking points. This is a glaringly stupid move.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I don't think that the administration ever thinks anything through. This appointment means that Rice will have to sit through a senate confirmation hearing, which means that the administration has just given senate Republicans carte blanche to dig through Benghazi and demand to know what Rice knew and when she knew it, and who in the administration was feeding her talking points. This is a glaringly stupid move.
    Actually Rice doesn't have to go through confirmation hearings for this position. It's a direct appointment. Samantha Power on the other hand WILL have to (hopefully) be called upon to explain her very anti-Israel opinions.

Rice being appointed NSA defends Obama's flank. She'll be called to testify on Benghazi and will spout the WH talking points and give the President top cover from what he did wrong.

You don't like her because of the color of her rind!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They say that position does not require Senate confirmation.

Show of hands: who here feels more secure with a lying stooge acting as the national security adviser?

Does she even have any qualifications for this post?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    They say that position does not require Senate confirmation.

Show of hands: who here feels more secure with a lying stooge acting as the national security adviser?

Does she even have any qualifications for this post?
    I think the cast from any sitcom we have ever had would do better than the current president and cabinet.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg