1. #1 Why the Right Hates Government 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh, here we go...

Sun Jun 2, 2013, 06:20 AM
    xchrom

Why the Right Hates Government

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...tes-government

One reasonable way of looking at democratic governance is that it carries out the collective will of a society, especially in areas where the private sector can’t do the job or needs regulation to prevent it from doing harm. Of course, there are always many variables and points of disagreement, from the need to protect individual rights to the wisdom of each decision.

But something extreme has surfaced in modern American politics: an ideological hatred of government. From the Tea Party to libertarianism, there is a “principled” rejection – at least rhetorically – of almost everything that government does (outside of national security), and those views are no longer simply fringe. By and large, they have been embraced by the national Republican Party.

There has also been an effort to anchor these angry anti-government positions in the traditions of U.S. history. The Tea Party consciously adopted imagery and symbols from the Revolutionary War era to create an illusion that this contempt of government fits with the First Principles. However, this right-wing revision of U.S. history is wildly askew if not upside-down. The framers of the U.S. Constitution, and even many of their “anti-federalist” critics, were not hostile to an American government. They understood the difference between an English monarchy that denied them representation in Parliament and their own Republic.

Indeed, the key framers – James Madison, George Washington and Alexander Hamilton – might be called pragmatic nationalists, eager to use the new Constitution, which centralized power at the national level, to build the young country and protect its fragile independence. While these framers later split over precise applications of the Constitution – Madison opposed Hamilton’s national bank, for instance – they accepted the need for a strong and effective federal government, unlike the weak, states’ rights-oriented Articles of Confederation.
    Odd, I don't "hate" the gubmint. I leave the hating to loons like the DUmmies.
    I dislike the gubmint that their Lord oBAMA wants. The all controlling, constantly telling
    me whats good for me one.

I'll use one of the DUmmieisms from the lead up to oBAMA's 1st election.
    The Tide is Turning...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I do not hate the government. I know that it's a necessary thing for the running of the country. What I do hate is how out of control it has gotten in the last few years, imposing more and more onerous laws and regulations on the citizenry.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

These people are idiots. I love it when they look at the term TEA Party and ignore what the acronym TEA stands for. What we hate is excessive taxation. We understand that we need government in order to maintain a civilized society. Every society needs lawmakers. Even these chucklehead anarchists don't get that even in an anarchist society there have to be laws. Hell, even gorillas, bees, and ants have a political hierarchy. What we don't like is the constant infringing on our basic rights. We don't need a government telling us what to eat, that we need to wear our seatbelts, and where we can get healthcare. This is just a smidgen of what pisses us off. The Constitution's preamble says promote the general welfare, not provide.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I love when they rewrite history claiming they are correcting a rewrite. If the Constitution doesn't scream distrust of government, then nothing does. Even the Messiah bemoaned it as a collection of negative liberties.

Talk about re-writing history

The American Revolution didn't happen because England wasn't taxing the American people enough, or that they weren't creating enough regulations.

people want to be able to control their own lives and destiny, not be under the rule of an all power Nanny state.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.