1. #1 Raise your hand if you enjoyed/cheered when that guy threw a shoe at George W. Bush. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Pitt tries to make a point, confuses the rest of the DUmmies...

Wed Jun 5, 2013, 12:03 PM
    WilliamPitt

Raise your hand if you enjoyed/cheered when that guy threw a shoe at George W. Bush.

I did. You did. And you. And you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you and you, and also you.

So hush already about how bad hecklers are.

The idea that our leaders are not living gods who cannot be ruffled by the peons in the peanut gallery, and the idea that breaking through our scripted spoon-fed media reality with a well-timed shout can have positive side-effects, are healthy aspects of a free society. There are no hecklers in North Korea, and that's a bad thing.

Besides, you totally loved the shoe guy. There's probably lots of proof of that right here in the DU archives.

So.
    And of course, throws in some good old BDS for good measure.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I admit to laughing at it, but part of why I laughed was because Bush was able to avoid getting hit with it. I can't move that fast.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    If someone threw a shoe at 0bama, they would likely be charged with a hate crime.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    If someone threw a shoe at 0bama, they would likely be charged with a hate crime.
    ...only if it were a white shoe. A black shoe would only be a minor assault charge.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    ...only if it were a white shoe. A black shoe would only be a minor assault charge.
    Forget white or black shoes ...

A pewter colored Clydesdale horse shoe would have far greater impact!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Sonnabend
    Why go to all the trouble of taking the shoe off the horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Why go to all the trouble of taking the shoe off the horse?
    Because throwing a horse's ass at a Democrat is redundant.

Pitt's point, to the extent that it can be deciphered from his ramblings, was that the lefties who loved it when the Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at Bush were being hypocritical when they complained about Michelle Obama getting heckled. He's right, they are hypocrits, but they are also imbeciles. The White House was able to impose an Orwellian redaction of the incident from the offical record of the event, and the supine media went along with it. That's the real scandal and hypocrisy.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I admit to laughing at it, but part of why I laughed was because Bush was able to avoid getting hit with it. I can't move that fast.
    I thought it was sad and embarrassing. Not sure why anyone would want to see the President of the United States treated like that.

But I got over it eventually and found some humor in 43's ninja moves.

No one threw a shoe at Mooshelle. Pitt's point is ridiculous. All presidents deal with hecklers. We just don't always hear about it.