Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Democrats: It's A Good Thing That Obamacare Doubles Individual Health Insurance $$ 
    Democrats' New Argument: It's A Good Thing That Obamacare Doubles Individual Health Insurance Premiums

For a while now, independent analysts—and conservative critics—have raised concerns that Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of individually-purchased health insurance for healthier people. This would, of course, contradict President Obama’s promises that “if you like your plan, you can keep it” and that the cost of insurance would go down “by $2,500 per family per year.” What’s new is that liberal columnists, facing reality, are conceding that premiums will go up for most people in the individual market.

the average 25 and 40-year-old will pay double under Obamacare what they would need to pay today

In Orange County, where Irvine is located, the three-fourths of the 25-year-old population that is in good health will have their premiums jacked by 95 percent.

Experts in the economics of health insurance understand that this has been Obamacare’s central flaw from the beginning. The law’s heavy-handed approach to the health insurance market massively drives up premiums for the average person. <snipped>
    Everything, EVERYTHING this clownshoes touches turns to shit. I really can't take this guy anymore. Total failure across the board.

And imagine, the economic experts knew he was full of shit but thankfully we had Pelosi out there looking out for us and telling us how great this plan would be once they passed it. I wonder if she knows what's in it yet.

Full story here
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Anyone who believed this liar is a complete fool.

And as usual with oBAMA, it will never be HIS fault. There will always
    be someone else or some ebil corporation that gets the blame while
    Lord oBAMA catches Air Force One for his next Hawaii vacation.

Just remember Libtards, if oBAMA Care is so great, why isn't Lord oBAMA on it???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    My health insurance has more than doubled since the passage of Obamacare. I pay my own and it's getting out of range for me. They are going to force me on the exchange in California, where I will get crappy insurance.

Coverage may be unaffordable for low-wage workers

WASHINGTON (AP) — It's called the Affordable Care Act, but President Barack Obama's health care law may turn out to be unaffordable for many low-wage workers

Many are expected to remain uninsured, possibly risking fines. That's due to another provision: the law says workers with an offer of "affordable" workplace coverage aren't entitled to new tax credits for private insurance, which could be a better deal for those on the lower rungs of the middle class.

Some supporters of the law are disappointed. <snipped>
    Let's see...today you don't have insurance. Thanks to Barry (the guy you voted for), tomorrow you won't have insurance but you'll also have less money in your pocket because Barry decided to take it from you. Well done dopes, well done. Link

Has Pelosi read it yet? Has anyone asked her lately?

Liar, filthy liar:

Be Not Afraid.

Ohio Dept. Of Insurance: Obamacare To Increase Individual-Market Health Premiums By 88 Percent

Democrats continue to try to dismiss the evidence that Obamacare will dramatically increase the cost of insurance for people who buy it on their own.

But on Thursday, the Ohio Department of Insurance announced that, based on the rates submitted by insurers to date, the average individual-market health insurance premium in 2014 will come in around $420, “representing an increase of 88 percent” relative to 2013. “We have warned of these increases,” said Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor in a statement. “Consumers will have fewer choices and pay much higher premiums for their health insurance starting in 2014.”
    And the hits just keep on coming.

Well done Ohio. Your state was heavily in play Nov 2012 and you backed the wrong horse. Suck on it. Hard.

The stink
    Be Not Afraid.

"Your rates will go down."

Only in Hussein world does down mean up.

Even In Over-Regulated Washington State, Obamacare Will Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 34-80%

For all the talk about rate shock—next year’s Obamacare-induced spike in health insurance prices—there are a few states where you’d think rate shock shouldn’t happen. In Maine, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, and Washington, insurance markets are already regulated in much the same way that Obamacare will. These states force insurers to cover everyone, despite pre-existing conditions, and they oblige carriers to charge similar rates to younger and older customers. Despite these factors, it turns out that in Washington state, Obamacare will still increase the underlying cost of individually purchased health insurance by 34 to 80 percent, on average. <snipped>
    I remain not shocked. Shine on you crazy incompetent.
    Be Not Afraid.

"You can keep your existing coverage."

Only in Hussein world does "you can keep your existing coverage" mean "you can not keep your existing coverage". Oy.

Dear Entrepreneur, We Are Canceling Your Health Insurance

NEW YORK (Reuters) - As President Obama's health care overhaul begins to change how Americans get their health insurance, the nearly 22 million people who are self-employed will see some of the most dramatic changes, with perhaps half of them headed for the new health exchanges in the fall.

The Congressional Budget Office has estimated that 9 million people will buy their 2014 health insurance on one of the new state marketplaces, after they open on October 1. By 2016, that will rise to 23 million, the CBO says.

With New York state's health insurance exchange not yet open and no way to shop immediately for a new plan, I felt the momentary rush of panic. What would I find to replace my corporate-like health plan, which had covered me for both in-network and out, with a low deductible. Would it be as good, and what would it cost?
    No. A lot.
    Be Not Afraid.

Can we pay with food stamps?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Can we pay with food stamps?
    If you're white and you once worked, you won't qualify.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Obamacare could eat up your raise

Expecting to get a raise next year? It could be eaten up by your health care bill.

In an effort to meet the affordability requirement of the Affordable Care Act, which kicks in next year and requires that workers spend no more than 9.5% of their income on premiums, more employers are turning to insurance plans in which premiums vary based on a person’s salary, rather than having all workers pay a flat rate. That way, employees who make more money pay bigger premiums.
    You didn't need that money anyway.
    Be Not Afraid.